• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K31 Barrel Damper?

Re: K31 Barrel Damper?

The thread-on works better but makes purists cry. It settles down barrel vibrations and reduces received recoil by about 25% according to the marketing blurb. I've heard positive reports that it greatly aids accuracy.

Those both seem to be threaded though for some reason they appear to have a set screw.

Do you guys think they're worth it ($100 threading kit + $40 damper) if I'm not going to use a scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RiverRatMatt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those both seem to be threaded though for some reason they appear to have a set screw.

Do you guys think they're worth it ($100 threading kit + $40 damper) if I'm not going to use a scope? </div></div>

If you're only going to plink GP11 with the issue iron sights, no, it isn't worth it at all. In that case, I also wouldn't even suggest getting or borrowing a front sight tool for it to regulate POI to or near POA.

Diopter sights are available for this rifle, as are dovetail-type mounts for glass, from a firm over in Kalispell called Swiss Products, the same outfit that makes the damper. If you go over to the Swiss Rifles forum's straight pull section you'll see examples of K31 accuracy. You be the judge of what you want to put into it.