• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes K318i and Hensoldt 3-12x56 FF

ralfabco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2009
Houston, Texas
The Hensoldt 3-12x56 FF has excellent glass and I understand it is easy to get behind - has a forgiving eyebox. This has a clean basic Mil-dot reticle. What about the much more modern Kahles K318i with a MSR or SKMR3 reticle. I have not looked at either scopes. I have owned Hensoldt items in the past. Yes, the Hensoldt has no practical service option in the USA.

What about the S&B 5-20 Ultra-short or a S&B 3-12x50 PM II, with a P4F ?

Will mount on a HK MR 762. Not a rig to roll around in the dirt. It's a heavy thing.

Looking for good FOV.

Love my Hens 4-16x56 w NH-1 reticle even it prefer the Hens over my SB. The current Hens are lacking w the reticle options.

The Hensoldt 3-12x56 FF has excellent glass and I understand it is easy to get behind - has a forgiving eyebox. This has a clean basic Mil-dot reticle. What about the much more modern Kahles K318i with a MSR or SKMR3 reticle. I have not looked at either scopes. I have owned Hensoldt items in the past. Yes, the Hensoldt has no practical service option in the USA.

What about the S&B 5-20 Ultra-short or a S&B 3-12x50 PM II, with a P4F ?

Will mount on a HK MR 762. Not a rig to roll around in the dirt. It's a heavy thing.

Looking for good FOV.

If you want a scope in that mag range with a great eyebox good FOV and it being serviced in the USA I'd also look at Zero Compromise Optics ZC 420 4-20x50

Reactions: ralfabco