• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K5 Kestrel Mount and Magpul Rails

MBrady

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2007
California
Question for the group.

Does anyone know if the K5 Kestrel mount is compatible with the Magpul polymer rail?

I just tried this exact set up and I’m finding that the mount slides freely along the rail even with the screw tightened down. I’m assuming it’s the rail but I wanted to confirm before I buy a real 1913 rail.

Any help is appreciated.

I have one and to be honest I think it’s total garbage. It doesn’t tighten down and the bolt doesn’t actually run through the slots in Picatinny rail. I would like to find another mounting option. I’ve tried running it on my Spaulding set up and like I said, I think it’s a waste of money.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was under the impression that the screw would fall between the rails at least, but it lays above them and just relies on tension to hold it on. Kinda sucks.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was under the impression that the screw would fall between the rails at least, but it lays above them and just relies on tension to hold it on. Kinda sucks.
Even if it fell between the rails at least it would be slightly usable. I have no idea why it was designed that way.

• Sad
Reactions: wigwamitus