• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K98 PU Build Question......

ScharfshutzeK98

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2011
Illinois
Hey Guys,

I just recently received my K98 PEM mount/scope field armorer build and I am in the beginning stages of gathering parts for a second K98 build. The next build will be based on this picture:

I already have a RC BCD 4 for the project but am going to need an original PU scope, mount, base, etc. Before I go searching for one of those I figured that I would ask you guys a question. On the K98 PEM build the smith and I decided to use K98 receiver screws to mount the base to the receiver. This was because of a known example of such a build that this was present on, and it made sense since a German field armorer would not have had a tap set that was for Soviet threads. Here is an example of how it was done:

I am figuring that the armorer would have run into the same problem when wanting to attach a PU base to a K98. Is there any idea of a possible screw that a German field armorer would have had on hand that could mount a PU base? According to the builder the K98 receiver screws will not work in this case so I am thinking it must have been something else he would have had handy. Does anyone know of an existing example of such a rifle to use as a guide?

Thanks in advance guys!

-Brian

Reactions: Junkie4gun