• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC Bolt in LMT Carrier ?

HogsLife

War Machine Leather Works
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 28, 2018
    N. Idaho
    Picked up a BCG for my LMT MWS. Turns out it’s a KAC e2 bolt in an LMT Carrier. Ran it in 2 different uppers and 2 barrels (dry no rounds) and when the bolt is sent home too hard, it jams up to the point I gotta whack the charging handle to get it to move release. Not binding up in the gas tube / key. Now it’s got me wondering if the KAC bolt in an LMT carrier in an LMT upper / barrel extension is compatible.

mom assuming this habeen tried before. Anyone have any experience with this?

thanks in advance

Works fine in the samples I’ve had my hands on. Is it tight in the carrier itself (gas rings) or the bolt locking into the barrel extension?

Picked up a BCG for my LMT MWS. Turns out it’s a KAC e2 bolt in an LMT Carrier. Ran it in 2 different uppers and 2 barrels (dry no rounds) and when the bolt is sent home too hard, it jams up to the point I gotta whack the charging handle to get it to move release. Not binding up in the gas tube / key. Now it’s got me wondering if the KAC bolt in an LMT carrier in an LMT upper / barrel extension is compatible.

mom assuming this habeen tried before. Anyone have any experience with this?

thanks in advance
    The headspace may be tight.

Reactions: HogsLife
    Carrier/bolt interface should not be an issue. I was not aware KAC bolt would work with LMT BARREL extension?
    KAC bolts and barrel extensions are proprietary.

Carrier/bolt interface should not be an issue. I was not aware KAC bolt would work with LMT BARREL extension?
    KAC bolts and barrel extensions are proprietary.
    You may very well be right. KAC bolt in LMT carrier so long as it’s in a KAC barrel and Vice versa? May very well be the case. That KAC bolt doesn’t seem to like the LMT barrel

Works fine in the samples I’ve had my hands on. Is it tight in the carrier itself (gas rings) or the bolt locking into the barrel extension?

tight in the LMT barrel extension.

fits fine in the LMT carrier.

I'd find a buyer for the KAC bolt and then buy a LMT bolt. You'd probably generate some cash by doing this, the LMT 308 bolt is great, no reason to run a KAC bolt over a LMT bolt for your MWS.

Well got the LMT bolt in the mail today and it’s obvious now with them next to each other. KAC E2 on left and LMT on right. You can see the difference in the lug design on the LMT.

02D87C18-07BC-4AD8-9623-166CB8EBCC6C.jpeg