• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC DEALERS?

wegner426

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2008
Kansas City
Kind of looking for a KAC SR15 in either 11.5 pistol or 14.5 or 16 rifle config. Not having a lot of luck finding anything in stock.
Anyone have a known volume dealer that stocks a lot of KAC stuff that maybe I haven't stumbled onto? Would rather avoid Gunbroker if I can.

Thanks,
Chad

Pretty much everyone is ordering and waiting right now. I'm not aware of any stock sitting anywhere.
I got lucky on the last set of orders I made. One SR-25 in three months, and three SR-15's in seven months. I wish it was worth it for a local shop like mine to hand a bunch of money to Knights and wait so I could have some KAC in stock, but we do it by individual customer order like everyone else.

• Sad
Reactions: earthtrekker1775
I am in the same boat. I guess that is the problem with unicorns, they are rare. I should probably budget for a bunch of spare parts and order them at the same time as a rifle so I only have to do the wait once.

It’s a brutal time to be looking for anything KAC. You’re probably gonna have to play the sign up game with all the dealers. Kelley Enterprises, roof top defense, Presample Depot, Freedom trading Co. etc.

There’s a great group on Facebook called the dealers of the knight. Members will routinely sell things that are very hard to find, or dealers will post new stock as it comes in. If you go this route, make sure that you read the rules. The way the group works is a little bizarre, people are not talking about post they are using pictures with arrows and eyes to tell you what people are looking for or trying to sell to get around Facebook‘s rules. Always amusing when someone drops in there talking up a storm and they vanish very quickly.

Guess you saw that Garand Thumb video, eh?

You want KAC you’re gonna have to pay the piper, wait, or get very lucky.

Kind of looking for a KAC SR15 in either 11.5 pistol or 14.5 or 16 rifle config. Not having a lot of luck finding anything in stock.
Anyone have a known volume dealer that stocks a lot of KAC stuff that maybe I haven't stumbled onto? Would rather avoid Gunbroker if I can.

Thanks,
Chad

Just grab the upper which can be found on here, ar15.com or reddit GAFS sometimes. As others have said, if looking for the complete rifle...gunbroker tax or sit sign and wait.

Anybody know what wait times are like? Are we looking at suppressor like waits, longer?

Guess you saw that Garand Thumb video, eh?

You want KAC you’re gonna have to pay the piper, wait, or get very lucky.

Is that what happened?

Was wondering why there were way more than usual KAC threads on forums in the last week.

And for anyone looking, if you can't run a Colt or FN into the ground to the point that your grip and trigger finger outline are literally worn into the finish, you wont notice a fucking lick of difference with a KAC.

Anybody know what wait times are like? Are we looking at suppressor like waits, longer?
Depends what you are looking for. Stuff is made in batches. SR15 sooner rather than later, SR25 later rather than sooner, KAC cans? It will be a minute.

If you join the group I mentioned in a previous post, all things sooner rather than later. Dealers want the stuff gone ASAP so they post there first.

And for anyone looking, if you can't run a Colt or FN into the ground to the point that your grip and trigger finger outline are literally worn into the finish, you wont notice a fucking lick of difference with a KAC.

I can run any firearm I have to that point but lack the ammo budget to do so. That being said, I prefer to run better quality, more reliable weapons whenever possible. Could I run a PSA or frankenAR build, sure. Would I trust a KAC or other higher end weapon to run more reliably clean/dirty/hot/cold/with questionable ammo if nothing else was available...yes.

Reactions: iOdysseus
Also I've been on about 20-30 website notification lists for the same amount of time. Haven't been notified.

Likewise, a flooding sewer floats a lot of turds. Buy a PSA.
I have a PSA, it has given me zero issues but it would not be the one I would choose if I had to grab one and head out the door, unlikely to return. That being said, I don't want to pay $800 mark-up either. I can play the waiting game.

Have at it

Ewwwwwww 16 inch guns.

Honestly, its all in the upper. The allure to a KAC gun and its reliability are basically all in the fit/smoothness of the gun and the bolt. A lot of people say its the bolt itself, but outside of the actual carrier, all of the parts are redesigned and different to allow for better operation that puts significantly less stress on the individual parts. The E3 bolt is different (and proprietary), the firing pin is stepped and profiled differently, the cam pin is stepped and profiled differently. I wouldn't be surprised if the carrier had something different about it as well.

It's a carbine running a midlength gas system. Add a MAMS into that and there is basically zero recoil.

The barrel and gas system are designed where basically KAC tells you that if there aren't 30k rounds on the barrel, there's no problems with it.

If shit is getting this rare and pricey, I'd just sell a few of the 16" complete uppers I have,

Ewwwwwww 16 inch guns.

Honestly, its all in the upper. The allure to a KAC gun and its reliability are basically all in the fit/smoothness of the gun and the bolt. A lot of people say its the bolt itself, but outside of the actual carrier, all of the parts are redesigned and different to allow for better operation that puts significantly less stress on the individual parts. The E3 bolt is different (and proprietary), the firing pin is stepped and profiled differently, the cam pin is stepped and profiled differently. I wouldn't be surprised if the carrier had something different about it as well.

It's a carbine running a midlength gas system. Add a MAMS into that and there is basically zero recoil.

The barrel and gas system are designed where basically KAC tells you that if there aren't 30k rounds on the barrel, there's no problems with it.

If shit is getting this rare and pricey, I'd just sell a few of the 16" complete uppers I have,
I really want an 11.5" SR-15 and I want to run it supressed all the time. Are they gassed well for full time suppression or would that be something I have to get set up directly from Knight's or aftermarket?

I really want an 11.5" SR-15 and I want to run it supressed all the time. Are they gassed well for full time suppression or would that be something I have to get set up directly from Knight's or aftermarket?

They are setup from factory to run suppressed.

I will say that it will be pretty gassy with a high back pressure can. My SR15 Mod 1 with an Omega + 6.5 end cap is pretty gassy.

I haven't shot any KAC cans, but I imagine they will be a lot more optimized to the KAC host rifle.

Reactions: Naaman
They are setup from factory to run suppressed.

I will say that it will be pretty gassy with a high back pressure can. My SR15 Mod 1 with an Omega + 6.5 end cap is pretty gassy.

I haven't shot any KAC cans, but I imagine they will be a lot more optimized to the KAC host rifle.

The 11.5” has a Crane-spec gas port, it’s not any more or less “suppressor ready” than any decent barrel. It does have an amazing bolt and sealed gas system though.

The 11.5” has a Crane-spec gas port, it’s not any more or less “suppressor ready” than any decent barrel. It does have an amazing bolt and sealed gas system though.
I don't pay the Piper if I don't have to. I have lived through too many shortages and bubbles and have better things to do with my money. The sealed gas system and E3 bolt are definite pluses. I don't feel like dicking around with SBR stuff as I would like to travel for different training opportunities and it is just one more hassle. I have a full auto rated TBAC .556 take-down suppressor that I could pin on an 11.5" and run as a rifle. Step one is getting on the waiting lists I reckon'.

*Garand Thumb makes a video about a weapon*

That gun the next day:
1638400277866.jpeg

I'm still on a list from like 8 years ago for a SR25 6.5 upper.

Ugh…. I got on the list for 2 different sr25 rifles, sr15 upper / lower back in the summer. Not what I’m looking to hear.

I know the 6.5 uppers are waay harder to source, but damm Gina! That’s insane

I keep blowing the KAC budget on other stuff; hoping it doesn’t bite me. Guess I can rest easy.

Ugh…. I got on the list for 2 different sr25 rifles, sr15 upper / lower back in the summer. Not what I’m looking to hear.

I know the 6.5 uppers are waay harder to source, but damm Gina! That’s insane

I keep blowing the KAC budget on other stuff; hoping it doesn’t bite me. Guess I can rest easy.

I've seen them rarely. I had the opportunity to get one a year or so ago on someones fire sale for something like $500 over what they sold for and passed. At that point a full MK20 is cheaper which I would actually consider.

Ewwwwwww 16 inch guns.

Crabsfootball....is that you?

Op, did you try gun broker? There’s one on there now, not cheap but it is there.

Ewwwwwww 16 inch guns.

Mid gas + MAMS = magical.

KAC isn't mid length. It's their own proprietary intermediate length for 14.5 and 16". Their length is around mid length +1.

It’s a brutal time to be looking for anything KAC. You’re probably gonna have to play the sign up game with all the dealers. Kelley Enterprises, roof top defense, Presample Depot, Freedom trading Co. etc.

There’s a great group on Facebook called the dealers of the knight. Members will routinely sell things that are very hard to find, or dealers will post new stock as it comes in. If you go this route, make sure that you read the rules. The way the group works is a little bizarre, people are not talking about post they are using pictures with arrows and eyes to tell you what people are looking for or trying to sell to get around Facebook‘s rules. Always amusing when someone drops in there talking up a storm and they vanish very quickly.

Great info here…Thanks!

I can’t find that Group on Facebook to join up?

Sure do want to…