• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC, forgive me?

Casey Simpson

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2008
Louisiana
Shooters,

I once dogged KAC, implying they were not all that, but that Government contracts were their primary goal without much in the way of actual firearms manufacturing competence. I was wrong. One sure way to recognize a high-performance oriented big chassis AR is the size of the firing pin - ignoring the obvious fallacious pun - that is to say, the smaller the firing pin, the less the likelihood of primer extrusion such as is, at times, the experience with other, similar, big chassis AR rifle's firing pin and bolt face holes. KAC is the right size, on the small side, which is correct in my experience as a shooter whose rifles' performance was impaired with such primer extrusion into a firing pin hole size of .078" as the weak link in the pressure issue. Thanks, KAC, for making a good bolt, like Armalite, having pin hole sizes of @.065" that functions without the extrusion impediment to velocity in big AR's.

Last edited:
I am sure they will forgive you! Everyone says they are overpriced but even KAC used parts command high prices. Every KAC AR15 part I own has never failed.

Too bad you can't just get one of their BCG's off the shelf

Pretty much non existent in terms of availability . LMT carriers and bolts are just as good if not better, same issue. Bolts are only sold as spares when you can show them your old one is toast or the rifle is broken. Once in a blue moon someone might break apart a rifle and sell off the parts. I sold a KAC BCG to another hide member a while back. Only reason I sold it was, I bought a LMT MWS and kept the lower and BCG out it.

KACbcg: Are they available generally, but temporarily unavailable, or unavailable to the civilian market?