• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC MAMS

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2024
NM
Knight’s three prong vs Knight’s mams; Which suppressor host is better at reducing flash while suppressed ?
TY

Assuming you are asking about 5.56.
The 3-Prong is a very good flash hider and suppressor host.
The MAMS is a less flashy brake, but it will still be loud and produce flash when unsuppressed.
The MAMS will protect the blast baffle a bit better than the 3-prong due to the internal baffles of the device.
Current generation KAC suppressors show similar performance in flash and sound with both the 3-prong and the MAMS, but most testing is oriented to the 3-prong as the MAMS has been discontinued (other than meeting standing backorders) and no government programs included the MAMS. There will be other 5.56 muzzle devices available in the future.

Wow!
Talk about inside info.
Thank you @Jack_L
My CRS PRT should be out of jail soon and I was thinking of doing a HRT type upper and switch the can between that and my mod2 14.5. I may have to mess around with the gas on the 11.5 to get things up to Knight’s standards and someone suggested that the mams would work better on the fbi hrt 11.5 clone ( related to ejection, etc).

Last edited:
Wow!
Talk about inside info.
Thank you @Jack_L
My CRS PRT should be out of jail soon and I was thinking of doing a HRT type upper and switch the can between that and my mod2 14.5. I may have to mess around with the gas on the 11.5 to get things up to Knight’s standards and someone suggested that the mams would work better on the fbi hrt 11.5 clone ( related to ejection, etc).
The CRS-PRT is a very low backpressure suppressor, it should run well on anything that is already in good shape.