• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC MK12 MOD 1 FF Rail Required

Chris Peat

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2023
United Kingdom
In the UK and need the handguard / rail for my MOD 1 build any available from and generous folks on here or any contacts / insider knowledge and when Knights might be good enough to do a run?! 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_3348.jpeg
    IMG_3348.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 95
Good luck on that. Knights hasn't shipped any new ones in years. And to find one on the open market used right now I have seen them go for 5-1200. Better off building a Mod 0 or Mod H

So, here is what I think I know. There are pretty much none available through normal channels. Knights has not sold these in probably three years. Maybe 2-1/2... If someone wanted a rail, they can be acquired at a price. Now, export and import is an issue, but that is another topic.

Knights, it has been said by several people in the know, has a "room full" of these rails. They will be selling them, but they are busy doing other things. The rails are not complete. This is an older style, and there are a few welds of some sort that are on the rail toward the round twist on device at the base of the receiver. The welding has to be done. My guess is that there is that one guy at KAC who knows how to do the old fashioned weld. Now, how big is "a room," and when will they get around to welding and assembling and anodizing and shipping? My guess is probably in the Spring of 2024, but that is just a guess, having followed this topic for years.

Now, tangential to this question, we will have the Mod 1 in complete deployment kit format very shortly. The rails we have been built out as rifles, and we have a reasonable number. But, as the rails are scarce or expensive, they will only be used on the complete deployment kits will all the trimmings and scope and option for suppressor. I only mention this, in case someone is interested.

I do have a T-shirt, if you are looking, LOL:

mk12-t-shirt-ccc-001__81748.jpg

So, here is what I think I know. There are pretty much none available through normal channels. Knights has not sold these in probably three years. Maybe 2-1/2... If someone wanted a rail, they can be acquired at a price. Now, export and import is an issue, but that is another topic.

Knights, it has been said by several people in the know, has a "room full" of these rails. They will be selling them, but they are busy doing other things. The rails are not complete. This is an older style, and there are a few welds of some sort that are on the rail toward the round twist on device at the base of the receiver. The welding has to be done. My guess is that there is that one guy at KAC who knows how to do the old fashioned weld. Now, how big is "a room," and when will they get around to welding and assembling and anodizing and shipping? My guess is probably in the Spring of 2024, but that is just a guess, having followed this topic for years.

Now, tangential to this question, we will have the Mod 1 in complete deployment kit format very shortly. The rails we have been built out as rifles, and we have a reasonable number. But, as the rails are scarce or expensive, they will only be used on the complete deployment kits will all the trimmings and scope and option for suppressor. I only mention this, in case someone is interested.

View attachment 8186694
What do you think the ballpark price will be for a mod 1? What receiver set will be used?

View attachment 8186694
Thank you for the reply very interesting indeed - might have to wait it out if can’t source - would love a deployment kit but only allowed straight pull sadly in the UK🤦‍♂️ love the T- shirt you ship to UK?!

What do you think the ballpark price will be for a mod 1? What receiver set will be used?

oooohhh ooooohhhh Mr Kotteeeerrrr?!!! Can i make a guess?

Ill say the ballpark price for a full clone Mod 1 with KAC rails...... todays market....... $12,000?

just a guess, i have no inside information with CCC.

View attachment 8186694
LoL...

While I am not sure if that "room full" of rails actually exist, it plays right the reputation of them being quite aloof when it comes to their customer base.

Do they have better things to do, sure, but it's a fairly low hanging fruit to ask the welder to if he wants to come in one weekend and knock out some rails. Hell, if that's too much energy, they can just sub it out. It would be a good way to build up good will within the community. They are still fucking around with their stupid, one piece at a time parts guns almost five years later.

KAC does some things incredibly well, and they do some things like absolute armatures.

Almost all direct KAC dealers have had one to two shipments in the last quarter.