• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC PRT Can Fitment

Texas Knight

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2022
Texas
Hey Y’all,

Has anyone tried to put a KAC QDC PRT 556 on their KAC 11.5 CQB rifles yet? I just got a call from the dealer that my can is finally coming from Knights but he said there are fitment issues with the URX rail on CQB’s. For the money I would hope knights could make a can fit 😂

Let me know if anyone has had this issue yet.

-TK

You may get lucky and it will fit. May not. You have 3 options. You can cut the forend down a hair, shim the muzzle device out a hair, or buy the urx6 when theyre released for public sales

There was also a recall on almost every new gen suppressor they put out so far. Not sure if yours will already have the safety concern addressed or not

You may get lucky and it will fit. May not. You have 3 options. You can cut the forend down a hair, shim the muzzle device out a hair, or buy the urx6 when theyre released for public sales

There was also a recall on almost every new gen suppressor they put out so far. Not sure if yours will already have the safety concern addressed or not
If it comes down to it, I will shim it out. Only if knights would do a recall on a shorter locking collar to make it fit for the money lol

If it comes down to it, I will shim it out. Only if knights would do a recall on a shorter locking collar to make it fit for the money lol
If you're handy you could probably turn down the locking collar just enough to fit. I havent been around a new one and dont know if there is much meat able to be taken off

Just an update, my can got approved and this is the fitment without shims. After contacting KAC they are sending out shorter locking collars to CQB owners to ensure better fitment.

Attachments

• B8C1F9C8-B524-4EFF-BC83-C4E12EC9D69B.jpeg
    B8C1F9C8-B524-4EFF-BC83-C4E12EC9D69B.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 48
Collar must be the same across 5.56mm line, I thought this was only an issue with the shorty can.

I believe short collar means you don't get to use the shroud...but the only shroud they've shown is for the shorty can.