• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC rail question

rundm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2005
TX
My brother bought an sr15 mod 1 a month ago and a grip pod to go with it. After looking at the bottom of the float tube, there are not any pic rails and none came with the gun. I have seen where you can get the 3in pic rails but there does not seem to be any holes that are threaded on the bottom. Question is, can I still put one of the 3in rails on there? Do you have to thread some of the holes yourself? Don't want him to have to send the grip pod back. Thanks again, RG

Get on Boltcarrier.com and they will have rail kits, grips for you to choose from. You will be able to put rails or covers pretty much wherever you want. Assuming you are speaking of urx3.1 rail system.

Yes, new E3 mod 1. Newest model. I see there are a couple of retainers that the screws fit into. Thought I would just be able to screw the rail on without using the retainers. I will look at it again tonight. Thanks for the input.

Correct, there are square nuts that fit into a channel on the bottom rail. The sides are threaded but not the bottom.

Yes, new E3 mod 1. Newest model. I see there are a couple of retainers that the screws fit into. Thought I would just be able to screw the rail on without using the retainers. I will look at it again tonight. Thanks for the input.