• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC rifle information request

ACard

Chief Mad Hatter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2020
Cowtown
Good day Gents, (yes I use that term lightly, I think what I really need is the knuckledraggers) I am the original purchaser of a KAC SBR that I have been told is quite rare. I am not interested in selling by any means I would just like to know more about this rifle. This said, I am basically ignorant about all the minutiae when it comes to KAC, so I am here to ask for your help. I have posted pictures and will provide what info I can. I have been told that this is what the rifle is;
KAC SR-15 E3 SBR 11.5" Block II
I have the original muzzle device as well.
FB09F730-84F9-4D5A-A4D2-CACC443792DB.jpeg
137A4E4E-DCCA-40F2-A1D5-571702B80CBF.jpeg
4FE5B551-D570-4857-873E-B979502F93B3.jpeg

If anyone can confirm, or expand I would appreciate the assistance. Thanks for your consideration.
998F104A-B1C9-4FCF-B03A-758227E847EB.jpeg
53a3771a-62e7-4138-81a3-6878602f3cac-jpeg.8084251

Attachments

• 53A3771A-62E7-4138-81A3-6878602F3CAC.jpeg
    53A3771A-62E7-4138-81A3-6878602F3CAC.jpeg
    399.1 KB · Views: 597
They are rare now, but they were tossed aside and sold for as little as $800 (uppers) back when the Legacy and Mod 1's were coming out. They've steadily appreciated since. I'd hang onto it unless you want a fat wad of cash for it, it would sell quickly on barfcom or GB. The QD cup lowers are sought after as well, I have one factory SBR like yours and one that I did a Form 1 on. They are cool because they are rare these days and unique (also worth way more than a standard lower) but the QD cup is in an awful location and sucks to actually use.

Last edited:
Reactions: ACard
More questions than answers. I'm not saying it isn't what you were told as I've never seen that upper variant in my life, but a few things:

- That would be a VERY old configuration. The fact it's on a Titusville and not a Vero Beach lower confuses me. This to me means its either pieced together with a newer lower.

- KAC SBR on the lower is a giant WTF to me.

- 3.0 bolt timeframe wise would seem correct as they were a thing in like 2010ish; this could negate the Vero lower question as they moved in like the early 2000s.

Short answer; I don't know. Would be weird for someone to go through all of that. I've just never seen this, ever. So rare could be the answer as well.

As cool as that folding front sight looks and fanboys paying north of $1k for used versions of it, It actually kinda sucks.

When I used one on a build many moons ago, the damn thing would pop up after 10-15 rounds fired and it was annoying AF. Eventually had to cut some wedges to fit into that depression to hold the lever shut so the sight didn't fly up.

XzCu3uM.jpg

Reactions: ACard
More questions than answers. I'm not saying it isn't what you were told as I've never seen that upper variant in my life, but a few things:

- That would be a VERY old configuration. The fact it's on a Titusville and not a Vero Beach lower confuses me. This to me means its either pieced together with a newer lower.

- KAC SBR on the lower is a giant WTF to me.

- 3.0 bolt timeframe wise would seem correct as they were a thing in like 2010ish; this could negate the Vero lower question as they moved in like the early 2000s.

Short answer; I don't know. Would be weird for someone to go through all of that. I've just never seen this, ever. So rare could be the answer as well.
Well over 10 years old, verified via KAC contact to be complete KAC built SBR. I was told by same that to his knowledge only 65 pieces escaped to the wild, if you will. I was hoping someone else might have follow up or expanded info. All I know, or at least all I think I know.

Well over 10 years old, verified via KAC contact to be complete KAC built SBR. I was told by same that to his knowledge only 65 pieces escaped to the wild, if you will. I was hoping someone else might have follow up or expanded info. All I know, or at least all I think I know.
If KAC already verified it to be a KAC-built, limited 65 unit run, what else were you looking to learn about it.

I’m confused I guess. To me, it seems like you have all the information you were looking for, especially if it was from a KAC source who was around or aware of the limited run.

Reactions: kthomas
If KAC already verified it to be a KAC-built, limited 65 unit run, what else were you looking to learn about it.

I’m confused I guess. To me, it seems like you have all the information you were looking for, especially if it was from a KAC source who was around or aware of the limited run.
To Clarify KAC verified it was a factory SBR but did not mention any numbers about build etc. That info was from a third prty that is an unknown source to me, thus the interest in trying to verify, maybe I did a poor job articulating that. My apologies for inconveniencing you and your forum reading regimen.