• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC SR-15 match?!

enjoi9

Private
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2011
im looking to get a new ar-15 for competition shooting and long range varmit hunting and came across the sr-15 match with a 20 inch barrel claimed to be .5MOA!! any chance KAC is going to throw this variation back in the mix??

Re: KAC SR-15 match?!

No longer building them, sorry.

We made a few for LE dept's last year, but with the introduction of the SR-25 EMC commercially - we dont see much of a requirement for longer barreled 5.56mm guns in our line up.

Damn!!!!! I wish I could have picked one up a couple years ago with the crazy price for the sr-25. Don't get me wrong it's top notch but for 5k?! Maybe someday.

If you keep your eye on some of the various sites you will see them up for sale occasionally. There was one a week or two ago on one of the other AR sites. That's how I got mine.

I have one and it's well worth it! Keep your eyes open and you might get lucky and find one.

Put a call into Casey at Lawmens Shooters & Supply

SR-15CoyoteBuster.jpg

wow sweet rifle. what kind of accuracy are you getting with that?

At 100 yards, 5 shot groups are typically a clover leaf - certainly under 1"

Ammo - Hornady 55gr V-Max & Hornady 75gr BTHP

nice! casey said he has one now time to join the KAC club!

Casey has a lot of cool toys. You will note the two in the middle....

Lawmens.jpg

Mine

KACMatch2.jpg

Does anybody know the history on these? I understand they were purpose built for LE, and about a hundred were produced, with the run ending about 2007 (I may be wrong.) I'm having a hard time finding any info online or otherwise, and would appreciate any knowledge/impressions from the community. If anyone has any links on specifics or owner reviews, that would be great too!

I know the SR-15 Match is a tough one to find, but worth every penny. I have shot Vipers, and it is one sweet shooter. SR's are like pringles, you can't have just one. Good luck, JPG

I had one and loved it! Sadly it was sold off when in bad times and have kicked myself ever since.

If I come across another for a reasonable price I'd probably snatch it up "just because". There is only one difference between the early and final run SR-15 Match rifles. Mine was part of the final run that went out in 2007'ish and had the rifle length URXII rail verses the early RAS full-float rail is all. Everything else was the same I believe.

But to be honest, if you want to shoot small groups you can do it for less by building your own from the receiver up. It's all preference.

DSC_0003.jpg

I don't have a KAC, but I have a SR15 "clone" done with Colt parts I could be talked out of. It will most likely hit the for sales boards and GB in the coming weeks.

DSC00693.jpg