• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC SR-25 ACC or ACP

Bmoore0062

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2018
Cincinnati, OH
Next month pulling the trigger and getting an SR-25. I keep going back and forth. Defiantly wanting to buy once cry once because I plan to never part with this rifle unless it means I’ll be homeless. And even then I may vow to be homeless.

Anyways, going back and forth on the ACC or the ACP. My appilcation will varry. My intentions are to use it for some hunting and just range fun. I will likely be using it more as a precision gun. I will likely not run it like a carbine much.... because well cost of ammo, dumping mags of 308 can get pricey. Says the guy spending over $4k on the a rifle. I hope to maybe soon get Into some entry level competive precision shooting. I already have a heavy 6.5 precision bolt gun.

Below are my pros and cons between the acc and acp. Doesn’t help they both cost the same because that makes, making a decision just as hard. Looking for people first hand experience with both rifles. Please do not suggest JP, LaRue, or GA precision. I have considered all those rifles, want to keep it KAC specific.

ACC Pros-
-3/4 lb lighter
-chromed lined barrel, longer barrel life.
- thinner barrel will cool faster

ACC cons-
- thinned Barrel will heat up faster.
- .9-1.2 moa give or take accuracy. Less accurate than the ACP

ACP Pros:
-Sub moa accuracy
-heavier barrel, take longer to heat up

ACP cons:
-heavier
- longer to cool
- not chrome lined shorter barrel life.

Ps: I do realized that reguardless it takes a lot to shoot the barrel out of a kac but I do intend to keep this rifle for decades.

Any thoughts on suggestion which would be a better fit much appreciated.

Following.

I'm looking to purchase the SR-25 APC as well but have been comparing it to a JP .224v

Out of the two you suggested I decided to narrow it down to the APC. It seemed like it would work for my mission better. Heli hog hunting, local range to 600, acceptable accuracy at 1moa, light weight, ect

Would you be running a suppressor? What scope are you going to run?

Interested to see what feedback comes from this.

Last edited:
I just went with an ACC. I will have it in hand this next week and will hopefully be able to verify some accuracy. Test target indicates .733”.

Reactions: Bmoore0062
Going through the same exercise, been trying to decide between the ACC or the APC. It appears the APC is a half pound heavier with a couple 10ths MOA better performance from what I’ve been able to find on different forms. I have a NightForce 1-8 ATACR already, so I may just end up going with the ACC.

Following.

I'm looking to purchase the SR-25 ACC as well but have been comparing it to a JP .224v

Out of the two you suggested I decided to narrow it down to the ACC. It seemed like it would work for my mission better. Heli hog hunting, local range to 600, acceptable accuracy at 1moa, lighter weight, ect

Would you be running a suppressor? What scope are you going to run?

Interested to see what feedback comes from this.

As of right now the only .30 cal can I have is an AAC 7.62 SD. Later this year I plan to purchase another 30 cal supressor maybe a kac if I need to. If not possibly a thunder best ultra 7.

Optics I am leaning toward a Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18. Also considering the NF 4-16 ATACR. Really like this Khales 318i but I can get a great deal on the Leupold and NF.

As of right now the only .30 cal can I have is an AAC 7.62 SD. Later this year I plan to purchase another 30 cal supressor maybe a kac if I need to. If not possibly a thunder best ultra 7.

Optics I am leaning toward a Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18. Also considering the NF 4-16 ATACR. Really like this Khales 318i but I can get a great deal on the Leupold and NF.
The KAC 7.62 QDC/CQB seems real interesting. Definitely like the idea of keeping the overall size of the rifle / suppressor to a minimum.

@Bmoore0062 , you have really summed up the trade-offs. We are KAC dealers, and do a lot of research into the SR25 and build upon it for military weapons. My preference is the ACP, but you cannot go wrong with either. Chrome lining and accuracy are inversely proportional. I don't think anyone needs Chrome lining unless you are in a battlefield environment. Great protection for the bore, heats well, wears well.

But in the wear department, you are talking about 10's of thousands of rounds to make a dent in a steel barrel. Let's say a SS barrel is good for 10k rounds. Then, the same barrel in Chrome-Moly 4140 or 4150 will last 20k. A chrome lined (chrome-moly) barrel will last 40k.

If you clean your gun, and keep a little oil in the bore, you will never need chrome lining. We recommend chrome lining in shorter length barrels, like 10" to 14" barrels, but no needed in sniper type rifles.

Now, to those who purchased the APC, good on you. It is a great rifle. As far as accuracy, they are both about the same. Yes, you will get better accuracy and consistency at 1,000 meters with the unlined barrel. But for a gas gun -- and KAC is one of the best -- you should plan on 3/4 MOA on good days. Yes, you will find days you get better, and days you get worse, but KAC is designed, at its core, to be an accurate battle DMR / lite sniper rifle, in semi-auto. You dont need 1/2 MOA accuracy to hit an enemy combatant or a coyote at 1,000 m.

Let me know when you are ready to buy (commercial here), we do great combos with KAC and NF. :cool: Suppressors as well.

Cheers.

@Bmoore0062 , you have really summed up the trade-offs. We are KAC dealers, and do a lot of research into the SR25 and build upon it for military weapons. My preference is the ACP, but you cannot go wrong with either. Chrome lining and accuracy are inversely proportional. I don't think anyone needs Chrome lining unless you are in a battlefield environment. Great protection for the bore, heats well, wears well.

But in the wear department, you are talking about 10's of thousands of rounds to make a dent in a steel barrel. Let's say a SS barrel is good for 10k rounds. Then, the same barrel in Chrome-Moly 4140 or 4150 will last 20k. A chrome lined (chrome-moly) barrel will last 40k.

If you clean your gun, and keep a little oil in the bore, you will never need chrome lining. We recommend chrome lining in shorter length barrels, like 10" to 14" barrels, but no needed in sniper type rifles.

Now, to those who purchased the APC, good on you. It is a great rifle. As far as accuracy, they are both about the same. Yes, you will get better accuracy and consistency at 1,000 meters with the unlined barrel. But for a gas gun -- and KAC is one of the best -- you should plan on 3/4 MOA on good days. Yes, you will find days you get better, and days you get worse, but KAC is designed, at its core, to be an accurate battle DMR / lite sniper rifle, in semi-auto. You dont need 1/2 MOA accuracy to hit an enemy combatant or a coyote at 1,000 m.

Let me know when you are ready to buy (commercial here), we do great combos with KAC and NF. :cool: Suppressors as well.

Cheers.

Thanks for the info. I’ll reachout to you in a month to get some quotes.

I've recently picked up an ACC MLOK w/MAMS as well and also was taken aback at how "handy" it is. I haven't done much with it yet; just can't decide on an optic so its been a loaner Comp M4 and irons only so far.

Choosing a LPVO is not so easy these days as they all seem to have some strong pros and cons.

Honestly the ACC has me looking at my 5.56 rifles and wondering what I will be doing with them going forward and if they would be better served as 7.62 ammo trade in. Its been several years since I've been in the .308/7.62 arena and I stupidly sold all my ammo/components when I had no rifles so will be starting over at today's pretty high prices.

Reactions: Itsadryheat
I've recently picked up an ACC MLOK w/MAMS as well and also was taken aback at how "handy" it is. I haven't done much with it yet; just can't decide on an optic so its been a loaner Comp M4 and irons only so far.

Choosing a LPVO is not so easy these days as they all seem to have some strong pros and cons.

Honestly the ACC has me looking at my 5.56 rifles and wondering what I will be doing with them going forward and if they would be better served as 7.62 ammo trade in. Its been several years since I've been in the .308/7.62 arena and I stupidly sold all my ammo/components when I had no rifles so will be starting over at today's pretty high prices.
Or sell your 5.56 and get an Sr-15 ?

I went with the apc. Most of the shooting I do will be dmr type stuff. My test target had .818 moa, which I'm sure will be better with time as it gets worn in. The apc is still very well balanced, I was surprised with it.

I went with the apc. Most of the shooting I do will be dmr type stuff. My test target had .818 moa, which I'm sure will be better with time as it gets worn in. The apc is still very well balanced, I was surprised with it.
What optic you running?

What do you want to do with it, ultimately?

APC is a precision carbine/DMR that can be pushed into use as a heavy carbine. ACC is a heavy carbine that can be pushed into use as a DMR. Think about the role you envision for the gun and go from there.

Having owned an ACC, APC, and EC- the EC shot best but was a pig, the APC handled extremely well for what it was, and I liked the ACC the best because I already had an OBR to fill the precision carbine role. All three were tuned extremely well and functioned smoothly across the range of 7.62 ammunition.

Sold the ACC for a scar and some other things, which was dumb. I found the ACC to be a much more refined, easier-shooting platform than a scar 17.

What do you want to do with it, ultimately?

APC is a precision carbine/DMR that can be pushed into use as a heavy carbine. ACC is a heavy carbine that can be pushed into use as a DMR. Think about the role you envision for the gun and go from there.

Having owned an ACC, APC, and EC- the EC shot best but was a pig, the APC handled extremely well for what it was, and I liked the ACC the best because I already had an OBR to fill the precision carbine role. All three were tuned extremely well and functioned smoothly across the range of 7.62 ammunition.

Sold the ACC for a scar and some other things, which was dumb. I found the ACC to be a much more refined, easier-shooting platform than a scar 17.

I think I am leaning more towards the APC I think I will be running it more as a dmr than a carbine. I think my biggest hold up was weight and barrel life but after longshot2000 pointed out what should be expected out of a steel non-chromed lined barrel I don’t believe this to be a real concern. As far as weight we are only talking 3/4 lb end of the day it’s not that much more weight.

M110K1 masterrace.

But either one will work well. You're splitting hairs at this point.

Be sure to get one with a MAMS on it, or put one on afterwards. The difference it makes is insane.

I'm still waiting for that 6.5CM KAC upper.

Reactions: greg1147
I was in this position about half a year ago after dumping my POS-USA Revolution and needed a 308 rig-JP-LMT-KAC were the contenders.
I was all set to go APC mainly due to SS barrel and how sweet my LPR shoots (I know it's a Krieger) with one.
I decided to go the LMT route (Sharpshooter) and pretty happy I did and that's not in any way a knock on KAC because I still find myself looking at them.

I have mixed feelings. As the ACC I had was just as accurate as the APC. For the 0-600 range, I would almost just recommend the ACC with a 1-8. The pic below is when I had both of mine. I would also get the shorter version (QDC CQB) of the 7.62 can. I had multiple 3-15 optics on my APC and settled on the TT 315P. I realized that the ACC did everything in that 0-600 range that the APC did and I was just using bolt guns further out and the APC sat in the safe. I would go ACC for your use as its plenty accurate. I shot some .7 inch 5 round groups with 175fgmm on the ACC. Couldn't get the APC to shoot any better with factory ammo.

Attachments

• IMG_3476.JPG
    IMG_3476.JPG
    986.1 KB · Views: 3,368
I have mixed feelings. As the ACC I had was just as accurate as the APC. For the 0-600 range, I would almost just recommend the ACC with a 1-8. The pic below is when I had both of mine. I would also get the shorter version (QDC CQB) of the 7.62 can. I had multiple 3-15 optics on my APC and settled on the TT 315P. I realized that the ACC did everything in that 0-600 range that the APC did and I was just using bolt guns further out and the APC sat in the safe. I would go ACC for your use as its plenty accurate. I shot some .7 inch 5 round groups with 175fgmm on the ACC. Couldn't get the APC to shoot any better with factory ammo.

With the ACC did you see the groups loosen up when the barrel heated up?

Like TheGerman said I think I am just splitting hairs at this point.

Last edited:
I will also add that the factory flash hider is more accurate then the MAMS. Spoke with Jack at KAC in some length about it and typical results were groups oppened up .2 or so with the MAMS over the flash hider.

If you plan on doing any CQB stuff of a higher rate of fire/drills inside 50 at all, get the ACC. If you plan on using it for more of a precision roll / slower rate of fire, but still keeping length down get the APC (could always offset RDS the thing too). If you just want to maximize distance get the APR. APC is that do all middle ground gun that crosses over on both sides. The ACC does it well too and keeps weight down but not "as" accurate.

What kind of speed does a 175 run out either of these? 2,400 (+/- 50)?

Resurrecting this thread. Curious on the 10+ month ownership reports of the various versions of the SR-25 are going?

I'll update. Ended up putting an atacr 4-16x42, atlas bipod and deadair sandman S on it. Accuracy ended up being sub moa when I shot a handful of groups (.75-.8). Good enough for me. Shot a match with it a few weeks ago, still hammering away. Only have a little over 500 rounds through it, haven't had as much time to shoot as I wanted.

Attachments

• 20190930_215544.jpg
    20190930_215544.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 2,501
I never saw this thread before...I was just looking at SR-25's. I wish they'd make that 6.5CM into a complete rifle (only uppers at this time).

Debating the SR-25 and B&T APC 308.

FWIW.
I’ve been contemplating steeping back into a 308/6.5 gas gun for a bit. Got to shoot the KAC 16” 6.5 at 810yds at PRE. Smooth and accurate. Soft shooting much like I expect from my SR15.
I’ve shot the B&T in 308 and was not impressed withe the recoil impulse. It made follow up shots harder and there was no spotting my own shots.

So the extra .75# comes from the barrel, correct? No weight added to the upper at all to stiffen it in the barrel extension area? Is the barrel just a bit thicker the length of the barrel with it being equal thru out? Is it fatter at the chamber and only a bit thicker the length of the barrel?

Everyone says "but the scar is .5# lighter" but that barrel is pretty thin. I had a scar, I didn't like it at all.

Can we get some measurements from the hide?

So the extra .75# comes from the barrel, correct? No weight added to the upper at all to stiffen it in the barrel extension area? Is the barrel just a bit thicker the length of the barrel with it being equal thru out? Is it fatter at the chamber and only a bit thicker the length of the barrel?

Everyone says "but the scar is .5# lighter" but that barrel is pretty thin. I had a scar, I didn't like it at all.

Can we get some measurements from the hide?

Screenshot this along time ago, credit to the initial poster. Hopefully this helps.
1574705329998.png

Last edited:
Love my SR25, it's easily one of my favorites. The can is nice too though I'd get the PRS version now that they have that. The brake is nice, it really works, but I understand it opens up the group vs. the flash hider so I guess I'm lucky mine came with the flash hider. I got the 20" but it really depends on what you plan on doing with it as to which one you get. I'd get the chrome lined one if you want a fighting rifle --also weighs less.

Mine has the fixed adj. KAC stock on it now (though the SOPMOD stock is just as good truth be told) and I broke down and put a Geissele hi-speed trigger in it, which is an upgrade to pretty much any high end non-adj. 2 stage trigger. It's nice. That and the Magpul Miad grip were the only changes to stock I made but none were necessary, purely ergonomic preferences of mine.

Not only accurate it's also reliable. Not one hiccup in few hundred rounds so far. Haven't found the ideal load but so far it's keeping whatever handloads I feed it to 1MOA or better.

IMG_0861.JPG

Oh, I got a keymod. I have a few actually. Turns out Mlok is the better of the two for a lot of reasons (pretty much none of which really matter for day to day shit) but if you're gonna get a new rifle or handguard, go Mlok. Unless you have a bunch of keymod shit laying around of course, OR if you find a killer deal on a keymod rifle or upper. The difference isn't worth buying new shit just worth not buying more if you don't have to.

I never saw this thread before...I was just looking at SR-25's. I wish they'd make that 6.5CM into a complete rifle (only uppers at this time).

Debating the SR-25 and B&T APC 308.

Pretty sure they do. Check out Small Arms Sales --think I saw one on there.

Reactions: FALex and chrome
I have a rare APC with a chrome lined barrel. It was a contract overrun. I think many over think the weight difference. I did at one time. Will you run suppressed? How heavy will your optic set up be? Possible consider these factors. You can shave weight where you see fit. I would highly suggest running a MAMS if your looking for a brake.

Looking at the contour, it’s going to be between your hands anyway.
My thoughts exactly. The extra weight isn't at either end and right in the middle.

How does each one balance with the rifle being supported just in front of the mag well? Any chance we can get some pics?

I have ACC’s, APC’s, an ECC, an EC taupe 1of8 and an APR. Just pick one you like and go with it. All are extremely accurate out to 800 plus. The APC is a do all gun, light enough to run with but also extremely accurate in a DMR role. If you want strictly a battle rifle you can’t go wrong with an ACC, one of mine has a .538 test target I believe. The only one I’d stay away from because I just don’t see any reason is the APR, rarely shot at all.

Attachments

• 600D3C56-412E-482F-AD32-3C3D1517A8CC.jpeg
    600D3C56-412E-482F-AD32-3C3D1517A8CC.jpeg
    616.3 KB · Views: 609
  • 7ABD36EE-9120-426B-8532-8312E2D3FCB2.jpeg
    7ABD36EE-9120-426B-8532-8312E2D3FCB2.jpeg
    477 KB · Views: 406
  • CDBDCE6F-A241-43CB-BD1C-2482FFA495C7.jpeg
    CDBDCE6F-A241-43CB-BD1C-2482FFA495C7.jpeg
    614 KB · Views: 3,000
  • B2A97C44-3E52-469D-BF5A-C759BF16E988.jpeg
    B2A97C44-3E52-469D-BF5A-C759BF16E988.jpeg
    687.4 KB · Views: 399
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but how would the APC compare to the CC in weight and accuracy? I’d rather low weight and reasonable accuracy; this is for hunting up to 300y and minute of bad guy farther out. Barrel length is 14.5” in the CC and my suppressor won’t fit, hence my struggle with this. Part of me says even though the weight will be more, the APC might be a better option.
Decisions.....

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but how would the APC compare to the CC in weight and accuracy? I’d rather low weight and reasonable accuracy; this is for hunting up to 300y and minute of bad guy farther out. Barrel length is 14.5” in the CC and my suppressor won’t fit, hence my struggle with this. Part of me says even though the weight will be more, the APC might be a better option.
Decisions.....
Did you read the thread? Seems like all the answers are in the thread and most in the first post.

What do you mean by "Barrel length is 14.5” in the CC and my suppressor won’t fit"?

Pretty sure it’s pinned….but don’t bother, I’ll go back through the thread. Don’t remember the CC version even mentioned but will check again since you’ve straightened me out.