• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC Triple Tap break

christian77

Sergeant
Minuteman
While I do think that Knight's Armament makes some good stuff (some stupid stuff too, but...), I can't for the life of me figure out what warrants the price tag on this muzzle break...

MSRP $437.00
TripleTap.jpg

Triple_01.jpg

018.jpg

022.jpg

029-1.jpg

At that price, the break better be giving me blowjobs when I am not shooting!

Re: KAC Triple Tap break

It's from KAC, Chris Costa used it in the Magpul vids, and I think it's made of inconel. That's all I can see.

-X

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's from KAC, Chris Costa used it in the Magpul vids, and I think it's made of inconel. That's all I can see.

-X</div></div>
Costa probably got it free...all I can see at the moment is a 400'sumthin dollar price tag!
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Go_Loud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It does have a remarkable CDI factor...

- Loud</div></div>
Says the proud owner of one
grin.gif

The old line....if you build it, use it in a video or movie, make it look cool....guys on arf.com will buy it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Go_Loud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It does have a remarkable CDI factor...

- Loud</div></div>
Says the proud owner of one
grin.gif
</div></div>

The airsoft version is just as good as the inconel version don't you think? ;-)

- Loud

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats with the notch in the bottom? Makes it look like a piece broke off.</div></div>
It's cut like that for the NT4 suppressor.

It was obviously built with death muscle, and will help you fight cats….plus it appears to be ribbed for her pleasure….

I can't figure out why people pay as much as they do for many KAC products. For most items, there are better alternatives that are less expensive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zink14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was obviously built with death muscle, and will help you fight cats….plus it appears to be ribbed for her pleasure…. </div></div>

True insight is so seldom found, but that, sir, qualifies.

I believe they are going to make a less expensive version of this out of something other than Inconel.

That's BLINGY thou dude
laugh.gif

ETA: while I'm thinking about it, is that a LMT 10.5 with the 9.5 FSP on it?

Inconel - hard - works as the first baffle in the NT4 suppressor, basically. EXTREMELY time consuming to machine. They apparently work really well, but I gotta run AAC mounts on my stuff, so I don't have to buy one!
smile.gif

I have heard that they might (or perhaps it's been suggested that they should) make one of more normal brake/flash suppressor steel for a more affordable version. That would be interesting, but I bet it's still most of $200. That's a LOT of machining.

- Loud </div></div>

You DIDN'T really spend that much on a break, did you? Do you know how much bourbon you could buy with that?

I'm with Chris....it better give happy endings when you are done shooting.

I still don't see why this thing is $400+... And I thought I spent a lot for a FH/brake on my FSC556, HA!

There has been much chatter over on ARFCOM where a few of the good folks from KAC frequent. Yeah I'd love to have one of thses for my SR but just can't get past the price-tag. A year or so ago I asked Trey if I could get one and at that point the answer was no. They were making very few and they were going on a few select SR25's and the PDW, that's it.

The reviews have been quite inpressive but getting past the initial cost is the kicker. The machining time spent to make one, the material and then Knight's having their name on it drive the price thru the roof.

If you hit ARFCOM, go the Knight's Gear Thread it's discussed in the last few pages I think (pgs 48-51 maybe or something like that). http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=354246

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AlabamaShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am sure they will anodize it, but with the uncoated surface, it looks like a disco ball on the front of the AR. </div></div>

Not that many people on arfcom will find out for themselves, but when you shoot it enough it'll turn black. A few people asked about that, and the official answer to getting rid of the blingy silver is just to use it.

it's pricey because it's inconel and appears to have had a lot of wire EDMing done to it. that still doesn't explain $400 though

I don't own one, but it looks like there are slots insted of a mesh. Looks like you could slide something into the slot to clean it; that and the high pressure gas blowing out the shit from the inside.

But take it for what it's worth, I'm only going off the pics.

it looks pretty though, with all the chrome-like accents. with that money though you can get a suppressor.

They actually send an extra shim, .020 I believe thats supposed to fit into the slots and be be used to clean the slots when necessary.

If you like the look of the Triple Tap, you may want to look at the Battle Comp. It's gotten some good reviews and it's a fraction of the cost.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's got shinny bling written all over it...where's the $350 engraved KAC shield? without that it's only worth $87 lol</div></div>

Its actually engraved on the inside, it makes it more tactical.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BiggerStick47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't figure out why people pay as much as they do for many KAC products. For most items, there are better alternatives that are less expensive. </div></div>

+1