• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision KAC UNS A3 vs EOTECH Clip NV

Paris_Bulks

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2020
North Carolina
I’m looking for a compact lighter weight clip-on for use at intermediate range.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these units?

1. KAC UNS A3, 7.3” Long, 1.5lbs
2. EOTECH Clip NV, 7.1” Long, 2lbs

It will be paired with a MK5HD 3.6-18X on a 6 ARC SPR. I would like to be able to go up to 10X and engage out to 500 yards.

Appreciate you sharing your thoughts about your time on these units.

For anyone lurking on the above post, here is what I found.

1. Per KAC LE SALES the UNS A3 is discontinued. They have two old stock units in green phos with around 1800 FOM as of 12/23. Most units on the secondary market do not come with tube spec sheets. You have to contact KAC to get what tube specs they have on the unit, and the two white phos units I did this on had subpar tube specs.

2. EO Tech Clip NV. Per their LE SALES distributor this unit has been successful and will remain while the LR version of the CLIP NV most likely will be cut from the lineup. Inspected three units in hand, all had tube specs of 2500 FOM or more. One had a hair on the output screen of the tube and had to be returned. EOTech sent a replacement unit within 15 days. Updated PVS 22 design. Good weight and length. Works well with an LPVO or Mid Range scope.

Last edited:
Reactions: rlsmith1 and JRAY6
Very interesting KAC didn't have great specs in their white phos units. Wonder what tubes they are getting for their LR units. I'd presume the PVS24LR gets the good tubes as L3 controls the whole system there. Best 24 I've seen had 81lp and 39.2 SNR.

I have a buddy looking for a PVS22 and I told him he should consider the Eotech as well. Eotech uses Elbit tubes in their clip on right? Did KAC say if they had thin filmed or unfilmed?

Reactions: Paris_Bulks
I've got both - tubes are comparable and both are good up to 10x. The UNS A3 is built like a tank, but is about the same weight as the ClipNV, which feels a bit more delicate. Both are really compact and the ClipNV gets a slight edge when running it without secondary illum thanks to the catadioptric lens. Focus is easier to access on the ClipNV, but honestly because both are compact, there's really no difficultly accessing the focus on the UNS A3 (like a mounted PVS-30).

Edit: I have the high FOM version of the UNS A3, but no spec sheet. It still feels a lot like the ClipNV, so I'm guessing they're both in the 2500 FOM range, but whether the UNS A3 uses an L3 vs an Elbit, I can't tell for sure. Personally, I think the ClipNVs are a pretty good value if you can get one used ($7-8k range) given their weight, performance, and 10 year warranty.

Last edited:
I had the Clip-NV and was very impressed. I have had several green PVS-30s but not the UNSA3 to compare to.

Be aware though, that you can’t really compare L3 FOM numbers with Elbit FOM numbers. A 2700 FOM L3 tube will generally outperform an Elbit 2700 FOM tube significantly… so it’s not fair/useful to compare FOMs across different brands.

Couple responses to above post:

CLIP NV is an Elbit tube, comes with full spec sheet.

CLIP NV is .5lbs heavier than UNS A3.

Lens on the CLIP NV is larger. Reminds me of an updated PVS22.

Spent more time behind the CLIP NV tonight at the 800M range and 1 Mile range. To my surprise on the 1 Mile range, I could resolve medium to large size steel targets at 1,025M and 1 mile both with and without the PEQ15 illuminator on high. Image was much better with the Illuminator on. Lots of performance in a tight package. Really nice fit on an SPR.

Sunset Picture on 800M Range
D748FA81-E36B-47E4-AC3F-05484F022B4C.jpeg

Last edited: