• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahales 624i or Steiner Military 5-25x56 MSR

Flip a coin, while the coin is in the air your heart will tell you which one you want it to land on. Otherwise go with which one is in stock.

Both have or will have the same reticle, have the same glass level as schmidt and are nearly the same price, have no tunneling. I went Steiner and have absolutely no regrets. The only advantage I can think of is if you ever need a repair done the Steiner will be done in country thus getting it back sooner than having it sent out to Austria for repairs. Highly doubt you'd ever need it for either but even the big boys once in a while go down.

Thanks for the feedback.

I decided on the Steiner since I prefer the MSR reticle and as you mentioned, in country service if it ever becomes necessary.

Mike at SportOptics gave me a very good deal on it and was a pleasure to deal with.

I just bought the Kahles and can't wait to get it in my hands! I'll follow up this post when I get a chance to play with it.

Kahles is coming out with an open center version of the MSR reticle supposedly in the first half of this year. That's the one I can't wait to see.

I hate to blunt but... buy a Steiner and run with it. I owned a Kahles and it took a shit on me the 2nd month of owning it. I called Ken with Khaybes who is the nicest guy ever and let's just say it snowballed from there. I sent my scope off in September and finally got it back the first time in November. During that time Ken gave me his personal scope to use which also had the same issue as mine. (erector issue) I sent his scope back and re mounted mine. Low and be hold they forgot to check the scope for parallax before it took the 5000 mile trip to Idaho. So... Back it went early December. I finally received my scope late January and sold it! This is food for thought on warranty issues. Comparing the two I honestly like the Steiner better. I'm able to spot hits on painted steel at distance better, the turrets have better feel IMO and if I had to bludgeon someone to death I'd get my scope back quicker than a Kahles.

Last edited:
I hate to blunt but... buy a Steiner and run with it. I owned a Kahles and it took a shit on me the 2nd month of owning it. I called Ken with Khaybes who is the nicest guy ever and let's just say it snowballed from there. I sent my scope off in September and finally got it back the first time in November. During that time Ken gave me his personal scope to use which also had the same issue as mine. (erector issue) I sent his scope back and re mounted mine. Low and be hold they forgot to check the scope for parallax before it took the 5000 mile trip to Idaho. So... Back it went early December. I finally received my scope late January and sold it! This is food for thought on warranty issues. Comparing the two I honestly like the Steiner better. I'm able to spot hits on painted steel at distance better, the turrets have better feel IMO and if I had to bludgeon someone to death I'd get my scope back quicker than a Kahles.

Good to know. I feel better about my decision to go with the Steiner now. I was beginning to second guess myself with all the recent buzz about the Kahales. While even the best gear breaks down from time to time, at least with the Steiner I can get quick service.

UPS tracking says my Steiner will arrive on the 5th. I'll post my first impressions after I get a chance to handle it a bit.

Thanks for the feedback.