• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes KAHLES 312i - new scope at Eurosatory

Lusaka

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2013
UK
At the recent Eurosatory show I went by the stand of KAHLES, the Austrian scope company, to see if anything was new and they a variation of their K312 II that was being unveiled for the first time - the K312i. It moves the parallax adjustment to the top turret to sit below the elevation adjustment as found in their K624i scope. They have moved the windage turret to the left side thereby swapping sides with the illumination turret which now resides on the right.

This means the majority of shooters (i.e. right handed) can observe the condition of all three adjustments (elevation, parallax, windage) with the left eye and adjust all three using the left hand and leave the right hand to just operate the bolt and trigger.

This should appeal to those shooting right hand from a supported position. Admittedly if you are shooting off hand, with a sling or for those who rather hold off rather than twiddle windage it will be of less interest.

The scope on display used the MSR/Ki reticle and had all the other features of mil turrets, first focal plane and clear glass that was free of any obvious issues albeit I was viewing it in an exhibition hall which is not ideal. The scope is apparently to be offered with clockwise and counter-clockwise rotation and their zero stop operation which for this scope does not require the removal of the turret top. It is a double rotation elevation turret and so uses the pop up red button to indicate it is in the second turn. With a 50mm objective lens and that magnification range, I found the scope easy on the eye when it came to getting a clear sight picture. Regarding weight KAHLES believe amongst other 34mm tube scopes, it is the lightest on offer for that class of scope (magnification/objective lens).

I did not discuss price as this can vary between what we pay in the UK and the US market does but typically they are highly competitive when compared to their German competitors across the Alps

When asked this set-up would come across to the K624i, the KAHLES representative thought next year sometime so we will have to see if and when this turret changes arrives.

Some images hopefully below. I found the KAHLES repesentative really engaging despite that he could tell I was not going to drop them some big military order. Got on well enough that he dished out a free lens cleaning cloth - result!
KAHLES K312i Eurosatory 2014.jpg
KAHLES K312i scope Eurosatory 2014.jpg
Close up KAHLES K312i turrets Eurosatory 2014.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm... this in K624i, Mil6 reticle, with a 25m parallax...
...could just be the next high end glass for top end PCP air-rifles.

Previously only S&B's had sub 50m parallax (at twice the price).

They need to offer the AMR reticle in these. Would make for a really awesome AR10 setup, like a Horus that doesn't give you a headache.

If/when they change the k624i to left side windage and release this k312i with the AMR reticle, I'll be selling my Schmidts and Nightforces to consolidate to one reticle and feature set I think.

Last edited:
Any updates on availability on these scopes? CW turrets? Prices?

I'm needing/wanting one soon....

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: