• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Kahles 318 and ARC rings clearance.

Bryan W M

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2011
East KS
Went to mount my K318 tonight and run into a problem. The parallax adjustment wheel hits the top of the front ring. Anyone else run into this and have a good fix .

7BA1A215-13B2-4CE6-8641-4DB6D91F5083.jpeg

That looks like a throw lever on the adjustment wheel, is that correct? I take it you are unable to shift the ring or scope position. Arc rings are higher on top due to their single bolt design, if removing the throw lever or moving ring/scope are not an option I think you’ll need to look at different rings. I had my Kahles K318i in a set of ERATAC QD rings, not mount but actual rings and they are lower on the top. Spuhr should work as well.

Went to mount my K318 tonight and run into a problem. The parallax adjustment wheel hits the top of the front ring. Anyone else run into this and have a good fix .

View attachment 7917654
Ah yeah....you need a throw lever on a parallax wheel? Take it off and chuck it...no?

As far as I can tell, while the parallax wheel is crenelated but doesn't have a fixed in place throw lever from the factory. Did you buy this used or....???

Throw lever comes on it new. I did buy it used. I took it of to make it work. I got use to adjusting it with the lever on it and really like it was hoping to keep it.
I thought about heating it up and bending it but decided not to.

Since they're 2 individual rings, why not just move your ring 1 step farther away from the turret? 🤷🏼 Seems like a very simple solution to me...

Yeah, but you should still have enough room to move it 1 notch on the pic rail to alleviate this issue.
Maybe, but its a very short scope, and with wide rings it will be cramped. The 318 just barely fits in a Spuhr ISMS as an example.

I went to reg rings myself for the short time I owned a 318. Had lots of spuhr issues too so I wouldn't go that route.

Like was mentioned... You can either grind that one off, remove the horizontal ring on the turret, or get you a different set of rings that aren't so fat and take up so much real estate on the tube.

Maybe screw the rear ring to 110in-lb's so you don't need the front ring?

On a serious side you might take a file or belt sander to clearance the corner of the ring. Other then that you need different rings.