• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nice video, I will have a hard time selling my 6-24 skmr3. The eye box and field of view is simply best in class. Although the glass is slightly behind some of the top tiers, i don’t feel like there is a disadvantage.

Reactions: velayo_0317
Your videography is getting really good mate.

Thanks for showing the through the scope videos, that’s all I wanted to see. My biggest gripe with the 525 is the thick black ring around the image between the image and the eye piece and it looks like they’ve increased the fov by reducing that ring if not eliminating it. Good on them, I think it’s time to upgrade.

Reactions: velayo_0317
I am slowly being swayed towards Kahles despite a lot of people saying Go Go Vortex Razor HD you can't beat it for the price/warranty.

The K624i 6-24x56 is the only option within my budget, would it be worth getting over the Razor HD.

Optics would be used for Prone work and eventually PRS once more clubs over here adopt the discipline.

My Rifle almost at completion.

I was actually going to build a an exact copy of Phil's Kelbly Rifle until the stock option fell through.

Kelbly Atlas Tactical (6.5 creedmoor).
Brux Barrel
Bix&Andy 2 Stage Trigger
MPA Ba Comp Chassis

Any input greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: LG65CM
Just got a 5-25. My main complaint is the SKMR4 reticle isn't great. If you dial elevation I think it's great but I don't know why they didn't update it to just have 0.2 MIL throughout. Can we get a petition going to just have MDS design a new reticle and remove the SKMR?

Just got a 5-25. My main complaint is the SKMR4 reticle isn't great. If you dial elevation I think it's great but I don't know why they didn't update it to just have 0.2 MIL throughout. Can we get a petition going to just have MDS design a new reticle and remove the SKMR?

Honestly my thoughts exactly. I like the Kahles glass but the reticles are pretty lame. Compared to the NF Mil-XT, ZCO MPCT2, S&B GRiD2, or even the Vortex EBR-7C, there's a lot left to be desired.

Reactions: littlepod
It's just alright. Overall I'm still very happy with my Kahles but the reticle is not as great as others on the market. If the AMR reticle wasn't a straight up Cartesian Grid, I might have just gone with it, at least it uses the same subtensions throughout.

What a great review, seems they addressed the things people didn’t like about the 525. The through the scope footage was great. Had the K318 and liked everything but the CA. Turrets also seem like an improvement. Still seems a little pricey compared to ZCO scope. Wish there was more reviews like this, none of the local shops here stock scopes over $1,000.

It's just alright. Overall I'm still very happy with my Kahles but the reticle is not as great as others on the market. If the AMR reticle wasn't a straight up Cartesian Grid, I might have just gone with it, at least it uses the same subtensions throughout.
I was on the fence when I picked the AMR for the same reason. I was worried it would look cluttered to me like the H59 feels. Im not sure if that was a concern of yours or not, but I worried about it just being to much going on in the sight picture. However, it works for me and is a lot more open than it looked online in my opinion. I know everyone’s different but I feel like the NF mil xt and S&B GR2ID reticles are less cluttered than the H59, but the dot in the middle of each grid throws me off on all of those scopes. I haven’t been behind the GR2ID, but I have with the NF mil xt and it just reminds me of a little less cluttered H59.

I find it very easy to use the grid of the AMR in matches and still have a nice open picture of what’s down range. To me the ZCO MPCT3 is a newer better version of the AMR. I guess it’s just preference, but I’m glad I ended up giving it a try because it has become my favorite scope. I think I’ll eventually jump on there ZCO MPCT3, but I won’t get rid of my AMR.

Reactions: Pvt.Donut
Brilliant review. Really appreciate the time and effort you put into this. When Kahles came out with the K525i fist thing I noticed was how they handicapped the FOV so the DLR is a much needed upgrade. Sure hope they apply the same treatment to the K318i which has a very narrow FOV as well. If they made a K318i DLR it would allow it to compete much better with the ZCO ZC420.

Reactions: Chasing3
Nice work Phil! Great review, great video, solid content. Love my ZCO a lot, but every time I get behind one of my Kahles, I still like the AMR...it all "just fits together" well.

Got your SAG card?

ZY

Last edited:
@velayo_0317 Thanks for the video, looks like Kahles addressed most of the issues with the K525i that kept it from reaching its full potential. Question regarding your review, you mention you think the DLR "might have a little bit softer eye box" compared to the 525i. Forgive my ignorance, but is this statement saying that the DLR has the advantage or the older 525i? I have the original k525i and I do think one of its shortcomings is the tight(ish) eyebox and also a shorter eye relief. And please tell whoever made the 10 mil turrets THANK YOU!! I don't know why the hell any turret is made beyond 10 mil, it is counter intuitive. Last question, is that outer black ring that was visible in the k525i still present in the DLR, or maybe removing that is what gained the 8% FOV?

I am slowly being swayed towards Kahles despite a lot of people saying Go Go Vortex Razor HD you can't beat it for the price/warranty.

The K624i 6-24x56 is the only option within my budget, would it be worth getting over the Razor HD.

Optics would be used for Prone work and eventually PRS once more clubs over here adopt the discipline.

My Rifle almost at completion.

I was actually going to build a an exact copy of Phil's Kelbly Rifle until the stock option fell through.

Kelbly Atlas Tactical (6.5 creedmoor).
Brux Barrel
Bix&Andy 2 Stage Trigger
MPA Ba Comp Chassis

Any input greatly appreciated.
Hi Dave,

I own both the Gen 1 Razor 5-20 and the K624. I am an average shooter, retired and shooting purely for fun at steel out to a bit over 1K. My rifles are in 6.5CM both gas and bolt. I owned the Razor b/4 the Kahles and do not intend to sell or trade up either scope. There is not 2,000 difference in glass quality (the K was about 2K more than the Vortex). IMO when a person is buying scopes like the Razor and Kahles and scopes in and above the price range, the quality of glass is not commensurate with the growing price tag.

What differences there are and therefore in value / worth , are, their features. Both scopes have similar Xmas tree reticles. EBR2/SKMR3. I do prefer horsepower when it comes to variable power scopes so favor my 624 at max 24x verses the Razor at 20x. I do like the left side windage so ordered that version of the 624. I do like the parallex adjustment's location on the top turret on the Kahles. I feel the Kahles is more robust, but, have used both scopes for four years now and both have held zero and their turrets are 'repeatible'. Zero issues with either scope in any way.

So, if I had to pick one scope to keep it would be the Kahles. Not so much for glass quality but for its other features that I like and mentioned. Worth paying more for? IMO, yes. Both do the job I need done for what I am doing. lg

I saw this review a week or so back. Very well done. I upgraded my 624 to a skmr4 525i not the DLR.

Just about everything I didn’t like about the 624 was fixed with the 525. Just imho.

Hi Dave,

I own both the Gen 1 Razor 5-20 and the K624. I am an average shooter, retired and shooting purely for fun at steel out to a bit over 1K. My rifles are in 6.5CM both gas and bolt. I owned the Razor b/4 the Kahles and do not intend to sell or trade up either scope. There is not 2,000 difference in glass quality (the K was about 2K more than the Vortex). IMO when a person is buying scopes like the Razor and Kahles and scopes in and above the price range, the quality of glass is not commensurate with the growing price tag.

What differences there are and therefore in value / worth , are, their features. Both scopes have similar Xmas tree reticles. EBR2/SKMR3. I do prefer horsepower when it comes to variable power scopes so favor my 624 at max 24x verses the Razor at 20x. I do like the left side windage so ordered that version of the 624. I do like the parallex adjustment's location on the top turret on the Kahles. I feel the Kahles is more robust, but, have used both scopes for four years now and both have held zero and their turrets are 'repeatible'. Zero issues with either scope in any way.

So, if I had to pick one scope to keep it would be the Kahles. Not so much for glass quality but for its other features that I like and mentioned. Worth paying more for? IMO, yes. Both do the job I need done for what I am doing. lg
Hello there

Thanks for you reply, I ended up buying the Razor HD Gen ii 4.5-27-56 - MRAD-EBR7-C

Iy should arrive soon :D

Bringing this up again. Anyone in the know, know if Kahles plans to update and offer a K318i DLR and improve the FOV?

Here's my review on the new Kahles k525i Dynamic Long Range (DLR)

Enjoy! Thanks for watching and keep your face on the gun.

What range is the mover filmed at? Looks like Cameo.

Great video. Love my 525i. The 16 mil turret might be better for a .22 vs. a CF if the smaller numbers on the turret doesn't bother you. I run my 525i on my 6.5 cm and a NX8 on my Vudoo. I should switch them out and see. :)

Thank you for the review! It helped me get off the fence and purchase a DLR -- should be arriving this Friday. It will be replacing a crippled Premiere Reticles Tactical Hunter.