• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kahles Helia Rangefinder

kmontang

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2014
Dallas, TX
Just got a Helia in at work, and I need a new rangefinder. thoughts on this one? I know in riflescopes Kahles are top-notch, but I've got zero experience or feedback to go off of for their electro-optics. Initial thought was the glass is good, it uses a red LED which is good, and I like that it displays the actual angle you are lasering as well as compensating for it.

For archery, the angle/incline compensation is useful. For rifle, a true line of sight range is preferred.
F24D7351-DFE8-4E7B-A258-64D377AF941B.jpeg

Swarovski Optik (who owns Kahles) is the type of optics company that typically knows that it's doing and doesn't do anything half assed.

I bet their electro-optics are top shelf.

Reactions: kmontang
Just got a Helia in at work, and I need a new rangefinder. thoughts on this one? I know in riflescopes Kahles are top-notch, but I've got zero experience or feedback to go off of for their electro-optics. Initial thought was the glass is good, it uses a red LED which is good, and I like that it displays the actual angle you are lasering as well as compensating for it.
What’s the $

they are made in China and are VERY similar to the first gen Vortex Fury