• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles k312 II, PICs UP Fellas!!!

Foweis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2009
New mexico, USA
Hey guys, I have a Kahles K312 II on order, not to be mistaken with the single turn old style they have done. The problem I'm having is finding enough info on these anywhere, no reviews no on hand pics, nothin. If anyone is running this please, please post a pic give me a little teeze. Mine isn't schedule to arrive for another couple weeks out.
Msrp; $2443.00
F56F6457-221A-4180-90C2-467F78C8DE92-750-00000132BA4991D6.jpg

Re: Kahles k312 II, anyone got one?

I have one coming in with the Mil Dot 2 reticle
I have owned several Kalhes hunting scopes and have always been very impressed with them.

One of the things I an to do is take numerous through the reticle pics at different magnifications. targets and distances.

I don't personally like to rely on just a cad drawing of the reticle.
It is great to have the reticle subtensions but how it looks to the human eye is just as important.

With a FFP scope is the reticle too small at low magnification to pick up fast, what about at small targets at a distance?

Good pictures help a lot...

Yes it does. Reticle pic and mounted pic of the scope would be amazing.

The guy I'm getting it from also has a S&B pmii 4-16x50 p4f single turn, ready to ship. You think I should just cancel this, send him the difference and just get the Schmidt?

Really you think so? Over the Schmidt. You guys are one of the dealer for kahles have you compared it to others?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccoker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one coming in with the Mil Dot 2 reticle
I have owned several Kalhes hunting scopes and have always been very impressed with them.

One of the things I an to do is take numerous through the reticle pics at different magnifications. targets and distances.

I don't personally like to rely on just a cad drawing of the reticle.
It is great to have the reticle subtensions but how it looks to the human eye is just as important.

With a FFP scope is the reticle too small at low magnification to pick up fast, what about at small targets at a distance?

Good pictures help a lot...
</div></div>

I'd love to see some pics through the scope at different mags.

Another thought that comes To mined is just saying screw both and getting a Nightforce F1 mlr2 reticle. ???

Did you see video on Sport Optics (see link in Chris' post above)?

Hello Foweis,

Sorry it has taken me a little bit to see this, been on the road
smile.gif

I will gladly shoot some pics of the scope and reticle even mounted up and post them up. If you send me a PM with your email address, I can send you some high res shots as well.

Any particular angles etc you are looking for?

Regards,
Ken

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Khaybes LLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I can send you some high res shots as well.

Any particular angles etc you are looking for? </div></div>

If only all women would provide us men with a response such as this one.
laugh.gif

Well fellas Ken at Khaybes llc came threw, pics incoming. He apologizes about the reticle pics not being clear, as they are having severe fog and nasty weather. But I can't tell with these pics.

EF0452DC-505B-48B7-981B-0E939ABDB15C-338-0000004FDF4CF041.jpg

38EFF316-73D9-4C46-BD28-518E7ADB2B34-338-0000004FE71D5ED6.jpg

297D8AAC-AC93-406C-8865-C5AD0C176188-338-0000004FEDDDC06A.jpg

These pictures are all thanks to Ken at Khaybes LLC. talk about customer service!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foweis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
These pictures are all thanks to Ken at Khaybes LLC. talk about customer service!</div></div>

Got to spend some time with Ken down at the NorCal TBRC, he's a good guy for sure, solid character in my book.

Yah he stayed in contact with me threw out all my questions. Even apologizing for only taking a day to get some pics to me. Lol. That is some good character. And this forum is full of Good people.

Well after these photos, im not changing my mind with this scope, if its as nice as it looks in those pics, all my optics are swiching to Kahles. the big brother of this scope(K624i) has already took the place of a schmidt&bender 5-25 on my AI AE. Reason being of absolute zero tunnelling,full sight picture all the way threw magnification.

they really are, but hey mike you got to do one of your great range reports on this scope. i love your videos man.

Anyone no how to use those little ranging steps on the Bottom of the reticle?

The steps are a fast course ranging tool to allow you to range a target 1 meter high. If the target fits between the bottom and top step, the range above the step is your distance. A typical Mule deer will fill this space when measured from
Bottom of rib to top of the head. Size varies of course but its a nice option to have when needing a course and fast range.

Regards,
Ken

Your average military aged male will measure approximately one meter from the crotch of the pants to the top of the head. Very approximate, but better than a wild ass guess...

Are you guys having trouble focusing the reticle? When I got to use one of these on a darker colored target (not black) the reticle would almost fade and not focus?

Thanks.

Honestly have not had this brought to my attention. I can go over the reticle focus with you, just shoot me your number In a pm and ill give you a call to discuss?

Regards,
Ken

Generally, when you set up the reticle focus, you want to follow these steps:

Find a completely blank background that has no identifiable detail. I use my Kitchen wall with a piece of copy paper as my back ground. (Distance is not a matter as background focus does not apply)

Turn the scope focus adjustment to infinity and turn the magnification to max power.

Then look at your plain background and make minor adjustments to the eyepiece until you have a crisp and Clear reticle. It is best to take a moment to look through the scope make an adjustment and then turn and look at something far and something close. This helps to reset your eyes.

Come back and adjust until the reticle is perfect and then you should not need to adjust the eye-piece until your vision changes from age etc.

It is very important that when you make these adjustments, your eye is not trying to focus on the background as if you were using a field or a group of trees as a background to perform this adjustment. Your eye will naturally try to focus on the back ground image and the reticle at the same time giving you poor results.

Regards,
Ken

Thank you Ken. That was great info.
Now it's a been a little over a week, had anyone got there's in yet?

We got the Helia C 3-12x56 and the K312 in on Thursday

I can't get over how svelt the Helia C is for having a 56mm objective. It is on a 280 Ackley for hunting.

The K312 is a very clean and well executed.
It will bounce between a 308 and 300 Win Mag

Glass on both is superb of course.

will post pics

I just purchased Ohiofarmer's 3-12 ZF. No doubt, Kahles has excellent glass. I have both S/B and Henny, to compare it to. My PM II's, are currently not with me.

It is probably too much glass, for an LMT with a 16" barrel ? I also had an unused 34mm Sphur mount laying around. I am concerned, I may not like the FOV, for close in quick work.

If it is too narrow for close-in work, I will probably need to pick up a 1-6; or the uber-expensive and un-released S/B 1-8 - some day.

Tuesday, the PO, is supposed to deliver the new glass. I am excited to see the scope.

nice pics. i had a Kahles on my LTR and loved it. gave the rifle and scope set up to my bro in law. now he is enjoying it...i just built another...
smile.gif

You should check out the Kahles 1-6, wow! But I agree Kahles makes some very nice stuff.