• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kahles k525 older vs newer

Vandoogle13

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2019
WY
I currently own a k525i with skmr3, bought it new roughly 3 years ago and I really like it.
Well the time has come to purchase another optic and I'm leaning towards another kahles but before I do I have a couple questions.

Is the newer skmr 4 kahles k525 just a updated reticle or did they Improve glass quality aswell?

Also what does the DLR skmr 4 model offer over the regular skmr 4 version?

DLR is 8% more FOV. So more in line with current optics in its class as opposed to being one of the lowest in class. It has 10 mils per turn vs 16. Comes with a throw lever for both mag and parallax. The throw lever for mag sucks tho if you shoot around 15ish power since it blocks the elevation turret. And of course it had the skmr4 option.
Glass wise it’s different than the 525i, but still more CA than a $3,500 optic should have. Which is none.

DLR is 8% more FOV. So more in line with current optics in its class as opposed to being one of the lowest in class. It has 10 mils per turn vs 16. Comes with a throw lever for both mag and parallax. The throw lever for mag sucks tho if you shoot around 15ish power since it blocks the elevation turret. And of course it had the skmr4 option.
Glass wise it’s different than the 525i, but still more CA than a $3,500 optic should have. Which is none.
I appreciate the break down! Since the dlr is only $100 more it seems like the way to to go for kahles.
Also I'm a fan of your YouTube vids, keep em coming dude!

Thanks man! Always appreciate the views! I’ve got a massive scope review coming as soon as I’m done with the razor 3. Comparing TT, ZCO, Kahles DLR, Leupold mk5, NF 735, s&b 525. If you’ve got $3500 for the DLR I’d personally recommend either saving for a ZCO 527 or save some money and go with the Razor 3. Outside of the turrets, the razor 3 is truly impressive.

59A3A8D5-97BC-4592-8310-56A5123E7A1A.jpeg
19930EC8-1DCE-4F61-8B3B-8E7BBD396448.jpeg

Looks like I will wait till you drop your scope review video and also do additional research before I settle on another kahles!
now I'm leaning more towards the zco or a gen 3 razor.
I think there is a point of diminishing returns on these higher end optics and that leads me to believe the 4k spent on a zco isn't going to make me a better shooter than a gen 3 razor.

I really appreciate the info @Covertnoob5

Looks like I will wait till you drop your scope review video and also do additional research before I settle on another kahles!
now I'm leaning more towards the zco or a gen 3 razor.
I think there is a point of diminishing returns on these higher end optics and that leads me to believe the 4k spent on a zco isn't going to make me a better shooter than a gen 3 razor.

I really appreciate the info @Covertnoob5

If you needed more information on these excellent optics than feel free to give me a call at 916-670-1103 :)

Reactions: Vandoogle13
I agree, for full price, save and get the ZCO. The street price for a like new used 525i is somewhere between $2300-$2800. I found one near the low end of that range, and I think it's a winner for that price.

I agree, for full price, save and get the ZCO. The street price for a like new used 525i is somewhere between $2300-$2800. I found one near the low end of that range, and I think it's a winner for that price.
That was my conclusion the last time I was in the market. The K525i is a great $2400 scope, not so much at MSRP.