• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles K624i Impressions

wooferocau

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
Victoria,Australia
I have been looking for something to replace my old Nightforce NSX 5.5-22-56 on my TRG in 6.5 Creedmoor.
I have on other rifles an S&B 12.5 -50-56 PMII, S&B 5-25-56 PMII , S&B 4-16-50 PMII, March 5-50-56 Tactical, Leupold Mk6 3-18-44 for comparisons ...... I was tempted to go for another S&B but a friend of mine has a thing for Kahles scopes suggested to have a look through one....a brand i had not considered.

The owner of my local Gun store ( 200km away) was kind enough to send me a Kahles K624i 6-24-56 ( Latest Gen 3) for evaluation . The scope is a pleasant surprise !
Its a very well made and finished scope, turrets are very nice...very positive and defined clicks. The centre parallax ring had me worried at first, but i now actually prefer it over conventional side mounted adjustments.
Looking through the Kahles is a revelation....its a very pleasant scope to look through in that it seems very clear/bright and relaxing.

When compared to my other scopes the S&B 5-25 is ever so slightly "clearer" but the Kahles has a more consistent image right out to the image perimeter. The Kahles is also brighter and to my eye has "slightly" better colour definition.
The Kahles is noticeably better than the rest of my scopes listed...

Here in Australia the Kahles is a little cheaper than the S&B also ...... They ( Kahles S&B ) are both excellent optics......at this stage i think i will be hanging onto the Kahles .

How have other users found the Kahles K624i ( Latest Gen 3) ?

Last edited:
[No message]

Attachments

• photo66769.jpg
    photo66769.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 53
  • photo66770.jpg
    photo66770.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 67
Love mine!!! It's a very forgiving scope when behind it. Tracking is spot on. Knobs are crisp. Glass is great. The center dot on the SKMR1makes it my personal favorite.

No downside I can think of...

I'm enjoying SRPowah's 624i which has the left hand windage. At first I was concerned but the left hand windage just makes sense if you are a righty. I also have another 624i with the typical right windage adjustment but I like the lefty dial better.
These are great scopes and especially nice for the price point. I'm also a fan of the uncluttered SKMR1 type reticle.

I purchased one earlier this year, love everything about it, unfortunately i returned it the other week as it had a few issues. Still waiting to here back from the Australian importer on what will happen, hopefully it doesn't need to go back to Austria.

I purchased one earlier this year, love everything about it, unfortunately i returned it the other week as it had a few issues. Still waiting to here back from the Australian importer on what will happen, hopefully it doesn't need to go back to Austria.

What issues?

The Kahles has a 'shudder' when decreasing magnification at certain power settings. The reticle jumps violently up and left, then re-centers (all in a split second), it's very noticeable at max magnification (with the reticle at its largest).
Check out the link below ; [h=1]Reticle "shift" when adjusting magnification[/h] Also when i did a tracking test (it tracked fine) i noticed on a 1cm grid the SKMR3 reticle subtensions were out of spec, some mil hashes were spot on others high, others low.

Last edited:
I have 2 624i and 3 S&B, To my eye the S&B is better but having said that I really like the 624i a lot. The field of view is great and the parallax is much more forgiving then the S&B. I have used the 624i to shoot my 338LM out 2800 yards and only just replaced it with 3x27 S&B.

I have 2 624i and 3 S&B, To my eye the S&B is better but having said that I really like the 624i a lot. The field of view is great and the parallax is much more forgiving then the S&B. I have used the 624i to shoot my 338LM out 2800 yards and only just replaced it with 3x27 S&B.

I don't mean to derail the thread as I have previously owned a Gen 3 Kahles MOAK model, but how are you finding the S&B 3-27x56? I can't find reviews on this particular model.

Had mine for 1 year now, still pleased, no issues, love the dot in SKMR3, works much better for me with long distance shooting. Very comfortable scope to use.