• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles k624i MSR2 or S&B pmii 5-25 MSR ???

Atanasius

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2011
Wisconsin
Decided to upgrade my scope and narrowed my choices to Kahles K624i MSRll and S&B pmii MSR. Need help from you Guys, who experienced these two side by side. Warranty is also a Factor! Thanks.

I have had both (S&B was H2CMR though).
Being a lefty easy choice for me - Kahles with the top parallax adjust. Also the ill knob on the Schmidt got in my way with left bolt lift.
That aside, might still choose Kahles if warranty is a concern. You will spend a little less on the Kahles if that matters.
I could not be able to tell you one is significantly better than the other - in my opinion they are both exceptional. If I were right handed I'd be completely happy with either.

Toss up probably, I like the open center on the MSRll. I have the S&B and love it. Great scope and reticle. I have never looked through the Kahles optic.

I had my 624i mounted on a 338LM with a brake - no problems at all. Kahles makes one nice scope.

How would you compare Kahles k624i and S&B pmii 5-25 EYE BOX ? I have SS HD 5-20x50 on top of my TRG and I don't like it's eye box.

Anyone familiar with Kahles warranty? Their website doesn`t say much. Do they have service center in USA?

The kahles msr2 has the better reticle, warranty, price and does not tunnel like the SnB. I really like my 624i. The paralex adjustment can take some getting used to and was a little stiff new, but those are the only negatives I can come up with. As far as reliability you hear about a lot more SnB failures, but comparatively there are alot more in use. The 624i eyebox is very good and among the best in the field, its a pleasure to get behind. My eye never seems to get tired as it did with lesser optics. I also prefer the location of the illumination control on the 624i.

This was very helpful wvlapua!
According to Finn Accuracy, calling Kahles MSR-K reticle MSR2 is wrong. They are still working on MSR2 and it will be available sometime in the end of 2014 or beginning of 2015.

Last edited:
I think he reffers "miss" to the early production of Kahles k624i. They had some lens coating and mechanical problems. But all than was fixed with MSR-K. Am I wright Sako man?

Seems guys have issues zeroing the DT SnB to. If memory serves me right, they'd get zeroed but would only have like 8mils or less adjustment up. Now, this could very well be an issue with the mounts they used or just not setting zero stop correct. The 624i is very user friendly. Once you have it zeroed. Loosen 2 allen screws, turn the cap to line up zero, tighten screws. Your stop is now set at 0.4mils below zero. Pretty sure the SnB zero stop is similar. And yes you are correct..it is msr-k. I just did not want to add confusion. I love the open center below 17x and the floating dot above 17x. Its easy to get really precise holds.

Last edited:
I don't really think you can go wrong here... You do save a bit of cash on the Kahles. I personally always wanted a S&B, so that's what I got. As for the tunneling, It has never bothered me and honestly never really noticed until the video was posted on here, I wouldn't let that sway you one way or the other.

i totally understand there is no perfect scope. Just want to know more about pros and cons to see which one will work better for.

I have looked through both side-by-side and feel the S&B has an edge over the Kahles in terms of optical clarity. The eyebox on the Kahles however is excellent. I all like their turrets. I would go S&B

I have looked through both side-by-side and feel the S&B has an edge over the Kahles in terms of optical clarity. The eyebox on the Kahles however is excellent. I all like their turrets. I would go S&B

Someone failed at checking the post date...

The Kahles is one of my top choices when it comes to top of the line optics. The SKMR 3 is the most popular, I also like the SKMR2 but they are discontinued it.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

The Kahles has a better eye box but it has a lot of CA if you move your eye off center, even the gen3. The S&B has no ca. Resolution and contrast is a wash between the two. The Kahles parallax is atrocious. It is heavy and rough. S&B parallax is super smooth. The Kahles knobs feel good but not all the time. Mine felt great ccw but gritty cw. I have the 12 mil USMC knobs on my S&B and they feel very nice.

Anyone notice the glass clarity and contrast difference between the two

I have made the switch from S&B to Kahles and I love it. Much lighter optic, no drawbacks what so ever.

The Schmidt is going to have a slight edge in optics; however, the Kahles Gen III is no slouch, it has excellent resolution and forgiving eyebox. Even though the Kahles is a 4x and the Schmidt a 5x scope, the Kahles actually has more FOV at 6x than the Schmidt does at 5x which really negates the 5x advantage of the Schmidt. The Kahles is also lighter than the Schmidt. The mechanical advantages the Kahles has (illumination on the left side of turret and parallax on top) I think also trump the Schmidt and the reticles (especially the SKMR series) I think are much better than what Schmidt has to offer though Schmidt is coming out with a new LRR-MIL reticle that looks promising.