• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles "Limited Lifetime Warranty" ROCKS!!!

River Runner

Private
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2008
San Angelo, Texas
Well, I guess I'm a sucker for buying a used Kahles scope that had a large spot on the interior of the objective lense. I thought a Limited Lifetime Warranty meant that it would be covered but I guess not. Now to be fair, it is an old 8X56. And, in all fairness, Ken (KHAYBES LLC, the new Kahles USA repair contracter) seems to be a nice guy, but he is apparently told by Kahles what they will fix and what they won't fix. He informed me that an "Unlimited Lifetime Warranty" means they would fix it for the lifetime of the product, but the true definition of "Limited Lifetime Warranty", which is what Kahles has, means that it has a 10 year warranty, but they might repair it longer if they have spare parts. If they don't have parts, it's up to me to have a retired watch-maker they know build the parts and fix it at my expense. And, they don't know what all is wrong with it or how much it will cost. And, if he (watch maker)takes it apart and the estimate to fix it is higher than I'm willing to pay, he might not be able to get it back together...in which case it is worthless. In a nutshell, they consider that finding a person who might be able to fix it at my expense was consistent with their "Limited Lifetime Warranty". Well, I have to admit...that's pretty Limited, lol.

I wish Ken had told me this in early February when he suggested I wait until he was handling the warranties. When he first looked at it he told me it was covered under warranty but had to go back to Vienna to be fixed. Now I've waited several months and my scope is in Vienna, Austria...still has the original problems and I hope to get it back in the condition I sent it to them.

Oh, and if you voice that you think they should pay the watch maker to fix the scope they warrantied for life; you will get a lecture on economies of scale, the prohibitive cost of maintaining an inventory for old scope parts and be spoken to in a condescending manner. I'm still not sure why he kept asking me what he could do to "make it right", because I had already told him they should pay the watch maker or replace it with a comparable product and he said they wouldn't. Ok, fair enough, if you won't do what, in my opinion, will "make it right" at least don't insult me because I don't agree. He told me to read the warranty, which I couldn't do because their website is NON-OPERATIONAL!!! Website won't work, can't get scopes with non-user defects warrantied, history of warranty problems...stupid me for buying another Kahles. I'm really not mad at them, just disappointed that, after claiming they would warranty it they backed out. I've had it sitting idle since February and hope to get it back sometime in June??? It really makes me NOT want to spend $1,600 for their cheapest currently offered scope.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Lesson learned...don't count on Kahles to stand behind their "Limited Lifetime Warranty" for more than 10 years</span>, which is a pretty short timespan in the life of a scope.

RR

PS - Ken, if I misunderstood something or incorrectly characterized our conversation feel free to correct me...

PSS - Anyone want to buy a cheap scope with a spot on the internal objective lense??? It has a Limited Lifetime Warranty, lol!!!

Re: Disappointed in Kahles "Limited Lifetime Warranty"

What a shame that companies feel that they need to resort to word games in honoring their product. I would guess that Kahles just took more of a hit with this posting than they will ever know or admit. Once again I hate to see a company make this kind of short sighted decision. I guess Kahles is now being run by accountants that only see the bottom line "for the moment". What they cannot understand that in the shooting fraternity ones honor can be lost very quickly and is almost impossible to regain!

Have you tried bumping the scope? If I recall, there was a somewhat similar problem where that was the solution.

P.S.- "P.S." stands for Post Script so "P.S.S." is Post Script Script. I think you meant "P.P.S."

P.P.S.- Sorry. Inner grammar Nazi coming out....

Hello River Runner,

I am sorry we could not meet an agreement and it is a terribly tough place to be in as we do not keep a stock of components to cover all the optics we have produced and yours is a very old optic.

Here is a copy of the Kahles Limted warranty as recently posted on Long range hunting:

05-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Kahles USA

Re: Authorized Kahles USA Dealer
Hello LW,

Here is a copy of the Kahles Warranty, which warranties the optic and not the purchaser so whether you bought it new or used, the warranty apllies the original craftsmanship.

Thank you for purchasing this instrument and welcome to the world of KAHLES. Since our founding in 1898, the KAHLES community has been committed to providing an ownership experience, which includes our legendary service that is second to none. We sincerely believe that our optics are the best in the world and put them through rigorous tests to ensure that the name you trust is built to the highest standards. But in the unlikely event that you discover a problem in defects in workmanship or materials, we will gladly examine the instrument. KAHLES offers a lifetime warranty on the optical system for products purchased by US residents from an authorized North American dealer. Once examined, if it is determined that the optical system is defective we will repair or replace the instrument or defective part. KAHLES warrants all other parts of the instrument for ten years from date of purchase against defects in materials or workman- ship, subject to normal use. All electronic components are warranted for two years against defects in materials and workmanship, subject to normal use, from date of purchase. All non-optical products (i.e. accessories, tripods etc.) are warranted for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is void if damage results from unauthorized repairs, accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, fire, flood or other acts of God. If after the warranty period your instru- ment needs servicing please call Consumer Service at (208) 476 0600. At KAHLES, we are totally committed to our customers, products and service. Once you have had the pleasure of owning and using our products, we are sure they will become your trusted companions for life!

Past ten years of use, all repairs are handled on a case by case basis and component availability plays a big factor as housing for parts for 100+ different models and lines dating back 114 years would be very difficult.

Regards,and please contact us if you change your mind or if we can be of additional assistance,

Ken Pratt

Halcyon - Yes! meant PPS. I was multi-tasking and my attention span when doing so is "Limited" - bahahahaha! Sometimes I just kill myself.

Will bumping the scope really remove a spot from the inside of the lense? What is the theory? I guess it couldn't hurt.

And, if Ken stepped up and got Kahles to donate a scope to our troops - hat's off to him. I couldn't imagine the feeling of being in a combat situation without acceptable equipment.

Ken, since the problem is with the "optical system" then the warranty is lifetime. I'm assuming Kahles won't warranty it because I didn't buy it from an "authorized North American dealer"??? That wasn't your position when we spoke. Sounds like a pretty good warranty if you choose to NEVER sell the scope. I certainly won't buy another one, as it seems that the resale value would drop precipitously if it suddenly lost it's warranty.

That's fine if Kahles chooses to conduct business in this manner. I had never heard of the "10 year out" on a Lifetime Warranty, but so be it. I'm sure Kahles' lawyers have everything worded to their liking. I won't play that game. You equated my request that Kahles pay for the repairs to my buying a Model "A" Ford and expecting Ford to repair it...they didn't come with a "Limited Lifetime Warranty".

BTW, thanks Ken for trying to get Kahles to repair it. I know their decision was out of your control.

RR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kahles USA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">component availability plays a big factor as housing for parts for 100+ different models and lines dating back 114 years would be very difficult</div></div>
Some of your competitors get around this problem by offering a free or heavily discounted product of similar capability.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bedlam</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kahles USA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">component availability plays a big factor as housing for parts for 100+ different models and lines dating back 114 years would be very difficult</div></div>
Some of your competitors get around this problem by offering a free or heavily discounted product of similar capability.
</div></div>

This is what i was going to say. I once had a problem with an old smith model 19. SW couldnt fix it so they offered to "buy' my broken gun and i could apply that money to a new production item. In this scenario i was happy with a new model 29 for 300 bucks and smith was satisfied by having a happy customer.

With this, im surprised kahles will not credit this broken optic towards a new production piece. This way its a win-win for everyone.

Bedlam, I think this would be an excellent solution. I asked if they would replace it with a comparable rebuilt or current model but was told no. Ken said they don't have anything comparable. My options were to hire the watch maker or they would ship the scope back. I want it back, because I don't really trust a retired watch maker to repair a precision optic.

Ken suggested that if it were a new scope he would have some room to negotiate. Obviously, this isn't a new scope. Oh well, I've learned lessons that cost me more than this many times.

RR

I have an old kahles 8x56 that I bought off ebay. It has a little speck on the lens but other than that works fine. Guess I won't be sending it back to be fixed though.

IOR has a lot of older scopes floating around too...I own a few. As much as people on this site disparage IOR products they at least will give me a $$$ credit towards a new one if they cannot fix my old, no longer made one.

If Kahles isn't willing to do that it's really too bad.

Ten years doesn't seem like a very long time to keep parts on hand. I think S&B guarantees to have parts available for 20 years on their models. For $1600 for the cheapest Kahles I'd buy a Nighforce and never look back. They have excellent customer service too. I bought a used F1 and it was missing the lens cloth and some booklets. I emailed them and asked if I could purchase the items and they asked for my address and had them in the mail the same day.

Kahles took note of the negative posts here and fixed the problem.

The power of the internet..............

Leupold some times catches grief over precieved quality issues with some of their products but they will stand behind their products.
My dad died and left me his guns. One was a 742 rem with a 3-9 vx111. The scope is old. The finish has gone from shiny black to a washed out purple. The scope was dark when you looked thru it and would not focus. I called the service department and told them about the scope and asked if they would look at it. They gave me a service # and I shipped it to them. I put a note in the box with the scope and told them to fix it and let me know what I would owe them.
After a mounth or so I went to the mailbox and there was the scope. I opened it up and the scope was as good as new, The packing slip said No charge,warranty work.
The last 2 scopes I bought were NF. But I am going to buy a new MK4 for a AR soon. They are good poeple.

+1 on Leupold. They may not be the absolute finest optic produced but I think they have one of the best if not the best warranty in the business. I traded some crap laying around my house for an old 1986 model fixed 6 power Leupold scope. I called Leupold and asked them for some details on the scope and the CS rep I talked to actually went and dug through old sales flyers until he found my scope and could give me the information I asked for. The funny part about it is I told the guy not to worry about it and he literally wouldn't let me get off the phone until he had found the information. I explained how I had acquired the scope and asked if the warranty would be honored and he said of course. Leupold warranties the scope not the person who bought it.

I don't understand that if the lenses has a smudge on it, why can't kahles just remove the rings and lenses and wipe it off. And if its not just something on the lenses then they can proceed from their. It just seems that kahles does not want to do anything.

It sounds that the life of a kahles scope is ten years. Which don't seem long at all.

What a shame!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a shame! </div></div>

Says the guy with the USO banner in his sig line....no bias here I'm sure.

So I've got a few questions for the OP, just cause I'm curious.

You say it's older, but don't mention the actual age, but hint at 10 years. Is it 10 years old? Or 20? Or how old is it?

You say "I'm a sucker for buying a used Kahles scope that had a large spot on the interior of the objective lens". So did you know the spot was there when you bought it? Fully expecting to send it to Kahles? Your statement implies that you might have know the spot was there before you bought it and the price of the scope reflected this. If you hadn't known about it, I imagine you'd be taking this up with the seller of the scope, not Kahles. If you knew the spot was there, paid a reduced amount for a scope with a blemish, then I'd say that you got what you bargained for.

Don't take offense to the questions, I'm just curious is all. Since you've posted very minimally here the last 2 years then spring this thread I'm just trying to figure out if you're truly a guy concerned with all of the members future scope purchases or an attention whore who's trying to get his issue resolved by raising a stink in an open forum.

As for the current Kahles scope, I've got one on order, looks like someone has really thought out of the box and made something worth taking a look at. It doesn't hurt that as you mentioned, Ken seems like a hell of a guy and has answered all my silly questions I've thrown at him. I can't wait to get mine!

Reading stuff like this makes me glad I bought a Vortex Scope. VIP warranty leaves little for interpretation.

Que Jason
wink.gif
, I've have no experiance with these scopes but one thing I know for a fact. If I ever have a problem with any of my uso's, John and his crew will always take care of me. Btw, where's rob? We need someone representing Schmidt
smile.gif

lol, while I don't disagree that John is GTG, I'm sure that somewhere along the way there was something they couldn't fix. I'll wait till my questions are answered to make my final determination on Kahles.

Ken is well respected in the industry, I doubt he decided to align himself with Kahles unless he thought their scopes were worthy of his awesomeness
smile.gif
lol

Interesting... I was just hugely impressed by the donation of the $3k+ scope to the troop in the ghan...

Then I see this.

While the generosity is a great show of support to troops in the field, the extraordinarily lack-luster customer/product support certainly precludes Kahles from the possibility of resting on any of my rifles. "Pay for repairs to optical system or go push sand" should NOT be the policy of a company that supposedly has a lifetime warranty on their optical systems.

EDIT:

More comes to light, age of scope, original warranty on scope, etc. etc. They've came up with the parts from a doner scope... I have to retract my above, hastily written statement. Good work on both Ken and Kahles parts.

Jason, your questions are fair enough. Let me respond...
1) I'm not trying to, "...get his issue resolved by raising a stink in an open forum." The issue was resolved before I posted anything. I asked that Kahles return my scope. I'm not asking you or anyone to fight my battles for me, just relaying my experience with Kahles. Take it or leave it. I'm not asking you to not buy your new Kahles. Just don't expect to get a problem resolved 20 years down the road. I was hoping to post a positive experience after the repair, but that's not the way things worked out.

2) I bought the scope as part of a package on a custom rifle at a gunshow, so it's a little difficult to determine exactly what I paid for the scope alone. It is an older scope. I think they started importing these in the mid '70s, but I'm not sure of the age. I would bet that it's at least 20-25 years old. Don't know for sure, and I'm not sure when Kahles quit making them. When I bought it I was looking mostly at the rifle. I noticed the lense issue and thought it was a smudge. When I removed the scope to clean everything up it became obvious that it was a problem on the inside. At the time I bought it, I was valuing it at around $600 as part of the package purchase. After seeing the issue with the lense, my valuation dropped to $450-500 because I knew I'd have to send it off to be fixed and that's always a hassle. Now, knowing that I'll have to live with the flaws, I think it's probably worth half that.

3) "Attention Whore"? That seems a little harsh, lol. You yourself said that I had posted sparingly the last 2 years. I don't usually post unless I have something to say. If I were an "Attention Whore", one would think I'd have posted more before now and have something like...say...13k+ posts, lol. (come on Jason, laugh at yourself...you have to admit that was funny). In my original PM to Ken, I told him I was contacting him by PM to avoid a Kahles bashing thread before his new company even had a chance to improve Kahles poor reputation for not standing behind their products. I asked about paying to have the exterior reconditioned while the warranty work was being done. He tried to get Kahles to fix the scope but they told him NO. So, I posted my experience here. My beef is with Kahles, not Ken.

4) Ken seems like a nice guy. Ken (KHABES LLC) is not Kahles and I would assume he doesn't have much say about their warranty decisions. At least he went to the trouble of sending it to Austria and trying to get them to fix it. We agreed to disagree.

5) Enjoy your new Kahles...for the next 10 years...maybe longer if they happen to have spare parts. If it needs work after that, I hope that retired watch maker is still around, lol.

My responses were kind of rambling, but hope they help to clarify the situation. As for me, I'll stick with quality products from manufacturers who stand behind their products. If I ever buy another used Kahles, I'll do it with the understanding that it is a disposable item should it ever need service.

Oh, the 10 years reference...that is how long Ken told me the "Limited Lifetime Warranty" would be honored. After that, they might fix it, might not. Apparently it depends on whether or not they have parts in stock. Didn't mean to imply that this scope was only 10 years old.

Dear River Runner!

My name is Wolfgang and I am responsible for the US market. First of all thank you that you decided for a Kahles scope.

I went to our repair personal and had a look on the only 8x56 from the US which we have there. I suggest that the HeliaSuper SN 67408 is yours.

Following information to your scope:

Production date: September 1965.
Damage: Scope had been dropped and got damage on the ocular. By this damage it lost its water tightness. Additional one lense was damaged.
Warranty when it had been sold - warranty with respect to the law (around 2 years). The life time warranty is for new sold products.

We give no free service to products which had been damaged by the customer.

Kahles always serviced our products as long as possible. Kahles had always been leading in warranty time and support in comparison to other European producers. For products which are not serviced anymore by us we found partners which do there best in servicing our older products. If there are parts available they do still service on products with age up to 80 years and sometimes more.

One of our partners owns an irreparable damaged scope from the same production decade. The lense your scope need is 100% ok. We will receive the lense soon.
We also try to get the ocular damage fixed. It will be send after repair to you by the next shipment to the states.

I also thanks Ken for the support he provided. The only reason why we can offer you this solution is by the accident of having the lense available – free of charge.

I can not guarantee that the scope will do again 45 years but with the new sealing rings it is in the best condition for this challenge! It has been produced before the first man reached the moon – maybe it is still in service when the first man is on mars.

By the way – I use the same scope on my hunting rifle for wild boar. It has perfect results at night. I hope you will find this out soon!

Best regards

Wolfgang

Thanks for the answers River Runner. Have no fear, I laugh at my 13,000 posts all the time, after all this is just the internet.

Looks like Kahles is going above and beyond to fix your 45+ year old scope that was sold with a 2 year warranty. Now I call that EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

It's a good reminder to all that it's a good idea to know what your actual warranty is. Just because the Ford website says "All vehicles covered for 50,000 miles" doesn't mean that still applies to my 1972 Pinto that was sold with a 2,000 mile warranty.

Kudos to Ken at Kahles as I have a feeling that he might have had some influence in getting this dealt with and of course Kudos to Kahles Austria as well.

And for the haters above that just piled on without knowing the whole story....S&B would have probably handled it the same way with a 45+ year old scope and you can't claim that Nightforce and Vortex would be any better because neither of them even have scopes that are half that age in the market yet. And even the beloved Leupold has told people that their scopes are not warrantied anymore in some cases (Premier Optics Modified).

Very, very awesome.

High grade optic was manufactured in 1965. Some time after that (who knows exactly when. We are, after all, talking about a span of 47 years) , a user dropped it or hit it with something hard enough to break a seal and damage a lense. Some time after that, a guy buys it as part of a used rifle package knowing that the scope had an issue but didn't take time to tell if it was a smudge or damage. Short time later, guy tries to get 47 year old scope replaced with a new scope or brought back to "new" spec at no cost to him.

Short time later, high grade optic manufacturer gets tossed around on an internet forum because they receive a scope that was in excellent condition until somebody knocked the crap out of it and ..... (I can hardly believe they did this) balk at replacing it or repairing it with parts that pretty much don't exist anymore.

Short time later after others read the post and share about what a shame it is that high grade optic manufacturer doesn't stand behind their product and you won't be purchasing any of their products (get real... would you anyway?). As a response to the usual and inevitable shark feeding frenzy, high grade optic manufacturer goes through old scopes and finds parts to repair this scope. Oh yeah, a scope that they built perfect the first time. ..... Then they do not charge current owner.

I have a question for current owner.
If you receive this new scope that has been brought back up to factory spec at no charge to you and shortly there after drop it on the concrete and bust something, would you contact the maker about repairing it or replacing it at no cost to you?

That is pretty much what happened this time.

Kahles went way beyond good customer service on this.

I know Ken and the guys at Kahles. they bend over backwards for customers and are fantastic people to deal with. I've known Ken since I started working in this industry, and i've shot Kahles for years, in fact a lot of people have. you have to have realistic expectations

I can see the fuss if the scope was not functional and had problems without user fault but this outrage is user fault and it should not be expected by any manufacturer of any scope to fix this broken scope. If that were the case, lots of people with old leupold vx 3 scopes would be throwing them down intentionally and send back to manufacturer for a newer upgraded model or significant discount towards a new scope. I only expect warranty repair if I'm not at fault. Just a respect thing I grew up with.

Wolfgang, I certainly can't argue with that offer. I was unaware that the seal was lost due to damage. Thanks for the information on the manufacturing date. It's nearly as old as am I. I had wanted one of these 8X56s since reading a writeup in a gun rag when I was a teenager in the mid '70s. They raved about the light-gathering characteristics. I would like to pay for the repair to the ocular or any exterior work done, as offered in my original PM. Thanks for finding the internal parts. Please contact me or have Ken do so with the cost.

Terry, your points are well taken. However, remember that I sent the scope to Ken, who inspected it and informed me that it was a warranty defect. Perhaps he missed the damage to the ocular being the problem, as did I. So to imply that I am trying to bilk Kahles might be a little unfair. Would I expect them to warranty it due to abuse...no. Was Ken trying to help me, absolutely, and I can't hold him responsible if he missed the damage. Obviously, Wolfgang found it to be damaged and I have zero reason to believe otherwise.

I had considered the issue closed and was disappointed. Now, Kahles has stepped up to the plate and gone above and beyond. Kudos to Wolfgang at Kahles and Ken at KHABES.

RR

This whole situation is the bad side of the internet. A good company is basically strong armed into fixing a product free of cost that is 47 years old to protect their reputation. RR, it may not of been your intention, but that is exactly what happened. People come on here and start pilling on without all the information and just forget about the good things Khales has done.

When Khales stepped up and sent a scope to a U.S. Soldier it made my next scope purchase decision easy. This just solidifies that decision.

Reactions: M8541Reaper

Good of Kahles to step up and take care of the problem.
It is fortunate that they found that old scope that they could salvage.

Interestingly, this discussion kinda illustrates why I never cared too much about the whole "warranty wording" business.

If a company unconditionally warranties every product they have made a 100 years ago, that means that the cost of that support is built into the scopes they sell currently.

I am not sure that I, as a customer, is quite willing to pay for that.

This whole warranty support business is easier for newer companies and for companies that deal with lower end products, I suppose.

Oh, and for what it is worth I have talked with Wolfgang in the past and I've met Ken a few times. Both are good people to deal with and I would not hesitate to do so.

ILya

JSF, you have a point about the "bad" part. So, let's see if we can make it "good". I'll pony up a $100 donation to a military charity in the name of Kahles and KHABES for finding a lense and helping get this old scope back into service. And, I'll still pay for the cosmetic repairs. I know it's not much, but it's a start.

What's the best charity for this? Wounded Warriors Project? Advice is requested. Is there a charity that helps supply needed equipment to active duty personnel? This seems befitting of Kahles commitment to our troops. Wolfgang/Ken...any requests?

As I pointed out in the 4th post of this thread, people need to keep the right frame of mind when talking about manufacturers. The pitchfork bandwagon that happens all over the internet regarding a small piece of information that is far from the whole story is going cause bigger problems than we foresee. (Trayvon Martin anyone?)

Kudos to Kahles for coming through again when they didn't have to.

Re: Kahles "Limited Lifetime Warranty" ROCKS!!!

A more simple answer as given by Wolfgang. We are sorry our records show that your scope was dropped and damaged by the previous owner and its not covered by our warranty. I think more people would of sided with Kahles right off the bat and RR would not of made this thread.

Good for kahles for going above and beyond.

Re: Kahles "Limited Lifetime Warranty" ROCKS!!!

Man I've seen some amazing stuff happen here on the hide thru out the years! Wonder if we could get Bill Gates on here??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Runner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JSF, you have a point about the "bad" part. So, let's see if we can make it "good". I'll pony up a $100 donation to a military charity in the name of Kahles and KHABES for finding a lense and helping get this old scope back into service. And, I'll still pay for the cosmetic repairs. I know it's not much, but it's a start.

What's the best charity for this? Wounded Warriors Project? Advice is requested. Is there a charity that helps supply needed equipment to active duty personnel? This seems befitting of Kahles commitment to our troops. Wolfgang/Ken...any requests? </div></div>

How bout you just pay your repair bill on your 40+ year old scope you bought damaged 2nd hand

Kudos to kahles, im glad i dont have to deal with the public that much.

Kahles took care of me,when I sent them a scope with the objective lens completely shattered.It was not a warranty issue as the scope was bought on Auction Arms and the damage was not revealed. Upon receiving the scope the dirt bag I bought it from refused a refund. I contacted Kahles USA and explained the situation to them,and told them I would pay for the repair.When I received the scope back the invoice said no charge. I could not believe it,but was very appreciative to Kahles for treating me so well. I own 4 of their scopes and I believe it is the best glass I have ever seen.

Maybe you should also consider editing the title of your post

Dear River Runner!

Thank you for your reply!

As I told you the repair is free of charge. It is already in my system and will course a lot of work to get it back to a charged repair.

I like the idea with the donation! Please feel free to add for the repair what ever you decide to the donation.

Wolfgang

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Runner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JSF, you have a point about the "bad" part. So, let's see if we can make it "good". I'll pony up a $100 donation to a military charity in the name of Kahles and KHABES for finding a lense and helping get this old scope back into service. And, I'll still pay for the cosmetic repairs. I know it's not much, but it's a start.

What's the best charity for this? Wounded Warriors Project? Advice is requested. Is there a charity that helps supply needed equipment to active duty personnel? This seems befitting of Kahles commitment to our troops. Wolfgang/Ken...any requests?</div></div>

Homes For Our Troops
Fisher House
AmericanSnipers.org
Salvation Army
Special Operations Warrior Foundation
It is not military, but I love to donate to local a children's hospital. Since Khales has gone above and beyond for you and the soldier they sent the scope to send Wolfgang a message and ask him if they have a charity in Austria you could donate to.

I met Wolfgang at SHOT this year. He showed me the new 1-6x. Now I REALLY want to buy one. way to go Khales! BZ!