• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles & Minox vs...

FuddLord

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
West
Was wondering what the general consensus is about either companies offerings. I've got the opportunity to pick up glass from either company however even at well below MSRP they rival NF which has been my primary optics choice for some time. Is the price/quality worth it?

Was also wondering about either companies "Horus reticle" Kahles being the skmr3 & Minox mr4

Thanks in advance for the help/opinions

MR4 reticle is pretty darn awesome. Very same as the skmr3 without splitting hairs. Minox is def a top Teir scope for sure. I will say I believe the Minox has a def leg up over the kahles.

I'd like to look through one of the Minox but I would find it hard to beat the Kahles 624i's. They are just outstanding optics. That MR4 does look good though.

Looks like I'll be calling you guys back in the Am.

been doing some independent research on the Kahles and can't seem to find a single negative review

To me. I tend to be sensitive to CA I guess. The Kahles (only ever seen the gen3) has a more robust color to it. More contrast I guess than the Minox. But I think the side effect to that was slight distortion in whites and extreme darks. The Minox was more balanced but the side effect was not as much pumped up color. Just more neutral. I think I preferred the Minox later in the evening because of that.

at this point we're splitting hairs on two great scopes. If ur a lefty I think you'd really enjoy the kahles. In directly comparing both. Both myself and my father chose the Minox to be the winner. Clearer isn't the word but it's what comes to mind when thinking about the two together.

To me. I tend to be sensitive to CA I guess. The Kahles (only ever seen the gen3) has a more robust color to it. More contrast I guess than the Minox. But I think the side effect to that was slight distortion in whites and extreme darks. The Minox was more balanced but the side effect was not as much pumped up color. Just more neutral. I think I preferred the Minox later in the evening because of that.

at this point we're splitting hairs on two great scopes. If ur a lefty I think you'd really enjoy the kahles. In directly comparing both. Both myself and my father chose the Minox to be the winner. Clearer isn't the word but it's what comes to mind when thinking about the two together.

Thank you, I appreciate it

From what I've read it really like comparing apples to apples (if that makes sense) haven't seen any bad info or feedback from other choice

I just bought a Kahles K624i SKMR3 from Mike over at CS Tactical which I must say he has been great and he gave me a great deal on it. I'll give my thoughts on the subject. I too went through the same struggle of trying to determine between the Kahles, Minox & NF ATACR. I read so many posts here on the hide and it seemed that most people preferred the glass on the MInox over the Kahles & NF. I'm assuming you have talked to the guys at CS as to which one they give the edge to. So, I'll leave that out of it. I also called another well known retailer that sells both Kahles and MInox. They preferred the Kahles because of a better turret feel and turret system. As far as glass goes I have not looked through the Minox, but I am happy with my Kahles. That being said, I do feel Minox "probably" has better glass just from everything I've read. I know that isn't much help but I know if you go with the Kahles and you aren't happy I'm sure MIke will make it right. He as spent a good amount of time on the phone with me talking about this subject. Either way you go I'm sure you'll be happy.

Also concerning the CA that many people talk about with the Kahles. Let me start off saying I do not have this scope mounted so I can't get a good cheek weld. I'm still in the process of building my rifle. With the Kahles the only time I have a problem with CA is when I go off center and there will be some purple fringing on certain objects near the edge of the image. I'm not sure if this is what others are experiencing, but that is my findings with this scope. I feel this will go away when I get it mounted and am able to get a good consistent cheek weld.

Shannon

Attachments

• photo56926.jpg
    photo56926.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 76
Thanks guys
everyone I appreciate your help.
I certainly appreciate the guys who DM'd me

I've tried to induce CA in both of my Minox ZP5 Tacs, off-axis, white targets in bright sunshine, etc. It does not exist. Stellar optics. Great reticle (MR4). Several Hiders (including some with quite a bit of high end scope experience) have posted their impressions that the Minox has the best optics they've seen bar none. One of those posters is Ilya Koshkin, whom I consider an expert, and who has forgotten more about optics than most of us will ever know.
My friend has a Gen 3 Kahles with the latest SKMR reticle. It also has great optical performance and a great reticle. The left windage/top parallax control is a good option. If you must have the left windage control, buy the Kahles. If that's not a determining factor, close your eyes and pick one.

Resurecting an old thread. I’m in the same boat as far as my next scope.
I absolutely love the zero stop process on the 624i (2nd easiest ZS I’ve ever seen), but I cannot find any info or vids on setting zero for the ZP5. Is it simple and quick to do with tactical gloves on?

Minox automatically sets zero stop .6 or .7 mils below your zero. Slip cap to zero with two small allen screws like a lot of scopes, and your zero stop is pre set. I just got one the other day and have only shot enough to zero the rifle, but so far so good. The reticle is awesome and the glass seems phenomenal. If i could change one thing, it would be to have 10 mils per revolution instead of 15 so they were spaced out more. I don't understand why having more than 10 mils per rev is a thing on any scope, but oh well...small gripe i guess.