• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles new reticle for 5-25

_Windrider_

Shiner of shoes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    8DE9CDD8-AB42-41D2-9B92-79ECEE819D17.png

Reactions: Baron23
    Pretty dang cluttered. I feel like it has 10k of the same size line the more I look at it

Last edited:
    It's like they copied the S&B GRiD2 reticle, but somehow made it exponentially worse. Kahles just has terrible reticles, which is a shame considering how good their glass is.

Reactions: Mk32784
    They’ve had this reticle for like 8 years but I thought it went away. It’s not as bad in person but there’s so many better options...I believe they did it with Desert Tech back in the day.

Reactions: Pvt.Donut
    That reticle has been around for years. I had 3 K624s with AMRs and loved the reticle. That is a bad picture. It was the best tree style reticle available in .2 mil increments before Mil XT, MPCT2/3, etc. Too bad it's attached to Kahles.... The dots don't clutter nearly as bad when looking through the scope. It is the best reticle Kahles offers for competition. Yes I had SKMR3 and the AMR is better in every way.

Reactions: 47guy and Guthwine
    This is how it looks in the 624i:

Way less intrusive in real life than it looks on paper.

Dude. Yes it is. Too me, this looks very easy to process under pressure and seems to provide a lot more transparency than I would have imagined.

Reactions: WY_Chas
    Had one in the K624i. Wasn’t too cluttered but I did not like the open center. Would have preferred a center dot.

I think the big difference here with the 5-25 is they shifted the entire reticle up so the optical center is now at the 2 mil line instead of center crosshairs. Not sure what to think of that.

I shot H37s for years when they were the state of the art and the offset from optical center always annoyed me. I believe it’s 5 mils, I’m not sure if 2 would be as egregious.

Reactions: ohiofarmer
    Had one in the K624i. Wasn’t too cluttered but I did not like the open center. Would have preferred a center dot.

I think the big difference here with the 5-25 is they shifted the entire reticle up so the optical center is now at the 2 mil line instead of center crosshairs. Not sure what to think of that.
    So your zero is closer to optical center?

People thinking this is a new reticle is LOL.

Been around forever, its a great reticle but I don't know why you would get it over the SKMR3 that kind of replaced it.

They moved your zero point ABOVE optical center. Interesting. I assume this gives you an additional 2 MIL of holdover at max magnification. At least it's uniform unlike the SKMR4 that uses 0.1, 0.2, and 0.5 holds randomly throughout the reticle.