• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kahles v Maven

ratrod54

Minuteman
Apr 16, 2013
Frisco, TX
Before I get jumped on here, this is a serious inquiry. I have Maven binos and they are amazing. I hunt with a group who all use Swaro EL binos and a few felt a little buyers remorse once looking through the Maven binos.

That said, the Maven RS.4 glass is good. I feel like it’s very similar in quality to their binos (didn’t have my binos at the time to compare side by side) but have looked through both.

I have looked through the Kahles as well and thought the same, but again, not side by side for a comparison.

1) Has anyone been able to do a side by side comparison of these two?
2) brand new Maven RS.4 v Lightly Used Kahles for same price… which do you choose?
3)Warranty issues go to Wyoming v overseas, respectively. Is overseas a deterrent?

Looking to keep the focus to these two brands.

Thank you in advance!

Pretty sure the RS4 is a LOW optic that would be overall very similar to the Cronus BTR Gen ii or Vortex Razor Gen ii 4.5-27

I believe it is as well. That being said, I haven’t compared LOW glass to Kahles side by side. I have 2 AMG’s and a Gen 2 Razor, just never had them side by side.

I can get a great deal on a Kahles 624i LSW SKMR3. Was leaning towards the Maven though until this came up. I anticipated people saying snag the Kahles, but was curious if there was more than a name brand vs non name brand preference?

Reactions: Matno
I have a Maven RS.4. It's a good scope. I've never compared it side by side with a Kahles, but as far as ergos, I've messed with both and have some thoughts.

Kahles turrets feel nicer. My Maven's turrets are quiet and pretty easy to move.

Maven's zeroing feature is very easy to use. Unscrew the cap on top, and reset zero.

The only thing I notice with the maven maining an M7XI for the last 8 months is that the maven's edge to edge clarity is good for about 60-75%. Not really noticeable unless you look through better glass and then look through the maven.

The maven has a great eyebox, and the reticle is very legible, even down to 8x, maybe lower. Reticle choice is very personal, but I feel like the Maven's christmas tree would be easier to use in high wind than the SKMR3. If I could get both for the same price, I would lean Kahles, because I'm a sucker for European glass.

I have a Gen 2 razor and a Kahles 3-18, there is a noticeable difference between the 2. Don’t get me wrong the razor is a good scope but it is not a Kahles
I have had a Kahles prior and got rid of it. Wished i hadn't ever done that. Found another LINB Kahles for a steal and couldn't pass it up. I was looking at a Maven though and decided to pass on the new Maven for the Kahles. I think I made the right decision, but still curious to know what the maven looks like without saying it is just like the razor. I compared Vortex Razor binos to maven B.2's side by side, and IMO, the Mavens were very noticeably better. Someday, Ill compare them side by side.

It is all about the coatings that each manufacturer specs. I don’t know myself but that is what has been said by those that have forgot more about the subject than I will ever know. Shoot Koskin a message he is one who will and can answer your questions