• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kahles vs Zeiss.

sheffn

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2019
Gainesville, fl
I need a new scope for a 6mm Creedmoor and have gotten it down to 2 options. The Kahles K525i and the Zeiss LRP S3 6-36. I plan on shooting targets out to 1200 yds. Possibly dip into the PRS world but really like the idea of competition shooting. Any input on pros and cons would be appreciated!

Reactions: Alcanino
I need a new scope for a 6mm Creedmoor and have gotten it down to 2 options. The Kahles K525i and the Zeiss LRP S3 6-36. I plan on shooting targets out to 1200 yds. Possibly dip into the PRS world but really like the idea of competition shooting. Any input on pros and cons would be appreciated!
I like the kahles, mostly for the reticles. Some will say the 5-25 has a lot of CA, but I don’t see that in mine.

Reactions: sheffn
Honestly, they can't really be compared on a fair playing field... The Kahles K525i is a much higher priced scope than the LRP S3. If you wanted to compare apples to apples, the Zeiss LRP S5 would be a more appropriate comparison, IMO.

I have several kahles K-series scopes (newest generations of the K624i & K318i models), and they're amazing scopes. I also have a Zeiss LRP S3 6-36x56, and it's an amazing scope. But like I said before, they're kind of on 2 different levels.

That said, if you have the money for the K525i, look into the DLR model. It has a wider field of view over the standard K525i. Also, just in case, because some folks are not aware that they offer this, you can order the Kahles K series scopes in a CCW/RSW (Counter-Clock-Wise elevation turret rotation / Right-Side Windage) setup (like all American scopes), instead of just being stuck with the weird (to us) CW/LSW setup that most traditional European scopes in the past were. Most companies, even European scope companies are now starting to go to the standard CCW/RSW setup, which is good to see.

If you have the budget, the K525i DLR CCW/RSW SKMR4 is a damn-fine scope, and I think you would be more desirable to what you're wanting, not only with the sharper glass, but I also think the finer reticle would be better for precision comp shooting. And also because the Kahles is just a more refined optic. I love my Zeiss S3 (I have a ton of Zeiss scopes), but it's a $2,500 scope. It's not on the same playing field as a $4,000 scope. The Zeiss LRP S5 is a very close comparison to the Kahles K525i DLR.

Not to mention that right now because this is Kahles' 125th Anniversary, you can save 10% off the list price at EuroOptic on all Kahles optics. Add it to cart, and the discount is automatically applied. 👍🏼

Or, if you choose to go with the Zeiss LRP S5, EuroOptic is paying the tax on all Zeiss scopes right now, so what you see, is the price. Which is a smoking deal, considering a $4,000 scope could have upwards of $400 in just tax tacked onto it.

Thank you for the great information. I’m now heavy leaning towards the Kahles. I also did myself no favors by adding a ZCO to the mix. Good problems to have I guess. Thank you again.

Thank you for the great information. I’m now heavy leaning towards the Kahles. I also did myself no favors by adding a ZCO to the mix. Good problems to have I guess. Thank you again.
If you can afford the ZCO, do it.

Reactions: Secant
Be aware, ZCO was having some issues a while back with objective lenses cracking out of nowhere. Just something to note if looking at ZCO. I'm assuming they got the issue fixed, as I haven't heard about one cracking in the last few months.