• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Kahr problems

LongrangeHawk

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
Radcliff, KY
I bought myself a Kahr 45 CW. It has a problem where it feeds the rounds but then fails to fire. So it would be like this: 1. It fires, 2. it ejects, 3. pull trigger no fire. Each time all it takes is a chamber check and then its ready to fire again. Does anybody have a suggestion.

Re: Kahr problems

You may have to send it back. They will have to work on it. I had a problem with my first Kahr, and they fixed it, and works great ever since.
BTW- what ammo are you running?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You may have to send it back. They will have to work on it. I had a problem with my first Kahr, and they fixed it, and works great ever since.
BTW- what ammo are you running? </div></div>
Did same with mine was the K45 I believe. Good service but didnt like that. I've owned their mk40 *sold and currently own a pm9. No prb with either an both shot nice. Give'm a call and they should help ya out. Mine had a similar feed issue and if i remember they had a recall or something like that on'm. Make sure ya have your serial # handy when calling.
Good luck...ghogs out

Had a problem with the recoil rod catching the end of the slide on a new PM9, preventing going into battery. They shot me out a new recoil rod and spring - worked fine. I've since sold all of my Kahrs and gone straight Glock, but they'll make it right for you. Very good little guns, just no fun to shoot!
smile.gif

Concealable, though...

The NYPD discontinued the use of the Kahr 9MM as a back up pistol. It was having the same problems as the original post. Send it back and have them fix it.

did they tell you to shoot 200rds to break it in first? heh

My PM9 took about 300 rounds before it would reliably cycle ammo. I also polished the barrel hood and inside the slide, which seemed to help. I'd shoot a few hundred before making a decision... just my .02

D