• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kaiserworks KR-7

Maximusmax51

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2010
United States
So this is my KaiserWorks KR-7. Have not seen many around as I fear they may have closed up shop (mostly rumors0. Anyways I'm loving this rifle much more after throwing the Weaver on it. For a while I had a IOR 1.5-8 on it but just wasn't feeling it. It's a lightweight (well lighter than my buddies JD) setup, and I'm impressed with the reach system thus far(charging handle is set up almost like a HK g3). Most of the shooting has been desert trips with steel at 40yds, 55yds, 100, and 400. Transitioning from the targets is smooth with recoil has not being too much of an issue staying on target.

Recently through on the Dueck defense sights, haven't been able to get out with em yet but soon I hope. Should be getting to a basic range in the next couple weeks, and I'll try my hand at doing a noob range report. Here's some pics, thanks for checking it out. Also any suggestions on the setup or whatever are appreciated.
some specs:
16" barrel w/ gemtech comp
Magpul furniture
Weaver grand slam tactical 3-10

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0242.jpg

DSC01784.jpg

Re: Kaiserworks KR-7

Thats a pretty interesting set up with the forward charging handle.

I'm digging that rifle, I've never seen one before, it's pretty interesting having the charging handle up there.

Question though, I'm having a hard time telling is it a .308 or a .223?

I like thoes irons too, I've never seen them before but they'd be really nice if you don't have the room under your optic for normal BUIS.

I built an AR using the Kaiser receiver, along with a Larue rail and 18" carbon fiber wrapped Rock creek barrel. The complete gun with iron sights, weighs 8lbs. If I could figure out how to do it, I'd post some pics. Mine doesn't have the reach system because Kaiser went OOB before I ordered it.

Nice gun. I was going to get a receiver converted to use the REACH system on it but they were incredibly hard to get a hold of to actually get it done. Seems to be the same story for everyone else who tried contacting them as well.

PLEASE post pics of the groups that you get. I'm very interested in that 16" barrel of theirs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jpach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice gun. I was going to get a receiver converted to use the REACH system on it but they were incredibly hard to get a hold of to actually get it done. Seems to be the same story for everyone else who tried contacting them as well.

PLEASE post pics of the groups that you get. I'm very interested in that 16" barrel of theirs.</div></div>
You know i had a rough time getting ahold of them at the beginning. Had to be very persistent with phone calls but it worked out well. I have heard rumors though that they have gone out of business... Don't really know how true this is but I know over on Calguns.net a few guys have also had zero luck getting in touch with Kaiser.

I drooled a lot of those when I first saw the website.....I really wanted to try the reach system. I absolutely love my ASA side charger and really wanted to try one of these. you are the first person I have seen post that actually had one in there hands.

Just a shot in the dark but has anyone seen the KR7 on the Gemtech website? Trying to find that rail system... So far zero luck!

I'd love to see some of these in person, but it sounds unlikely to happen. How much did the complete rifle cost?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maximusmax51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$2,000.00</div></div>

That's not too unreasonable...so what's the best guess right now on the status of Kaiserworks?

Well from a few other people, OOB. You'd think if they weren't there would be a few more of these out there.

True, I also think that if its not in all the tac mags or advertised right it's difficult for people to find out about the product. Maybe I just got lucky by being impatient. Saw it, wanted it, bought it...

Don't know how accurate all this is, but, As it was explaind to me, Greg, the owner of Kaiser, was a partner in JD Machine. The two partners had some professional differences that I won't go into, so Greg opens up Kaiser. Unfortunately, there were further problems between the now ex partners that I was told, contributed to the demise of Kaiser. My Kaiser receiver set seems to be of high quality, functions 100%, and I found the owner to be a pleasure to do business with.