• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAK. BOLT QUESTION. Pics added

Plinker 73

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2020
Has anyone had any experience with KAK 308 double ejector bolt ? Thinking getting one for a PSA AR 10. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Trying to eliminate extractor burs and ejector swipe . I have the springo orange spring ,carbine heavy buffer, superlative adj. gas block and still having issues . Yes i am a poor. Thanks for any info. By the way the gun likes “LC” M118 SB

Post a picture of the issues on your cases. When you say extractor burr, are you saying the inside of the rim is sharp from an extractor with sharp edges, or are you saying that the rim of the case is being deformed so the bottom of the case is no longer flat? Ejector swipe is a pressure problem, which might mean a barrel problem, which may pertain to both issues you're having. It's a PSA, this is the joy of cheap guns.

M118LR I believe is a pretty hot case, which would explain pressure issues even if it shoots well.

Pretty sure PSA10's use Toolcraft BCG'S which to me would be a downgrade getting a KAK??

Post a picture of the issues on your cases. When you say extractor burr, are you saying the inside of the rim is sharp from an extractor with sharp edges, or are you saying that the rim of the case is being deformed so the bottom of the case is no longer flat? Ejector swipe is a pressure problem, which might mean a barrel problem, which may pertain to both issues you're having. It's a PSA, this is the joy of cheap guns.

M118LR I believe is a pretty hot case, which would explain pressure issues even if it shoots well.
The extractor is polished to eliminate sharp edges. Some slight deforming the rim but primarily flat. Ejector smear on the rear of case. I will have to dig up some cases to get pics. By the way it is M118 SB. Not
M118 LR.

Pics of affected cases. First pic is of ejector swipe second of extractor marks, best pic i could get sorry

Attachments

• 57A458C8-D835-45EB-AD01-ED0415DDDD6C.jpeg
    57A458C8-D835-45EB-AD01-ED0415DDDD6C.jpeg
    423.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 275708BD-A56B-484A-A8B8-604F204EE65D.jpeg
    275708BD-A56B-484A-A8B8-604F204EE65D.jpeg
    385.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 459792BF-E2D2-424B-91AD-5ABB19A1D5D1.jpeg
    459792BF-E2D2-424B-91AD-5ABB19A1D5D1.jpeg
    442.1 KB · Views: 90
The extractor and ejector marks aren't bad. The unlock timing looks only mildly off. Have you tried reducing your gas a few clicks?

Reactions: bfoosh006
The extractor and ejector marks aren't bad. The unlock timing looks only mildly off. Have you tried reducing your gas a few clicks?
One click above lock back. I would like to eliminate the bur on the outside of the rim in case i want to reload them as i have a good supply of M 118 173 gr Fmj bullets.

Reactions: GhostFace
To save money, I would go reduce gas to the setting you get for exact lock back (assuming you're using the restrictive gas mode on the Superlative) especially if your brass was ejecting forward from the ejection port (1-3 o'clock ejection) for a summer (high ambient temperature) setting and then increase gas one click for a winter (low ambient temperature) setting if necessary.

If your current AGB setting is resulting in the 3-4 o'clock ejection, you can do a combo gas/mass tuning which is go up in buffer weight whether it's making a custom buffer (KAK sells internal buffer weights) or go up to H2, H3, etc. and then retune gas again from there, but this costs money.

The click increment resolution for the Superlative AGB is possibly too coarse for your gas port size, total reciprocating mass and ammo combo which is resulting in an "optimal timing" being an in between click setting.

Has anyone had any experience with KAK 308 double ejector bolt ? Thinking getting one for a PSA AR 10. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Trying to eliminate extractor burs and ejector swipe . I have the springo orange spring ,carbine heavy buffer, superlative adj. gas block and still having issues . Yes i am a poor. Thanks for any info. By the way the gun likes “LC” M118 SB
Installed similar dual ejector BCG, AR-Stoners' 308 dual ejector BCG for both 308 carbine and rifle formats ( Midwayusa). w/ 20" barrels, NATO 7.62 x51 ammo, JP Ent. (JPGS-9D) AGB ea.. They solved ejection and extraction issues with minor (-3 clicks) restriction of gas flows. I reload and have had no extractor/ejector issues from minor case deformations. Bearing in mind there is no "mil spec" for the 308 formated platform.

If you are confident that the ejector smear and extractor burr are not caused by high pressure, you might be forced to accept that semi autos can rough on brass…