• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kampfeld shooters here

huntem

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2008
PA
With no disrespect to the more resident builders here on the hide. Was curious if others use Karl's work for their tactical iron.

I've used Karl for my hunting rifles and looking forward to a light back country rifle.

Re: Kampfeld shooters here

I have been real interested in having them build one. If you dont mind me asking how much was the mountain rilfe and what will it weigh?

I know a couple of the guys here from MI used them for various builds until he got ungodly busy, apperantly from having a exquisit reputation.

I am sure they will chime in here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DonBon13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been real interested in having them build one. If you dont mind me asking how much was the mountain rilfe and what will it weigh? </div></div>

Actually the work to date has not included a full rifle. The work has been limited to bolt knobs and fluting.

Here is my M70 Karl worked on.
bolt_m70_4_173.jpg

heres jezebel karl built her last year. i know shameless plug but she sure is purty. he is going to build a 6mmBR, 243 and .308 for me in the next year.
from this
gspfull.jpg

to this
IMG_4922bsll.jpg

IMG_4925bsll.jpg

IMG_4914bsll.jpg

IMG_4931bsll.jpg

IMG_4929bsll.jpg

IMG_4915bsll.jpg

rcnpthfndr- You my dear sir is a total ass,

or rather you have made me feel like one one for desiring your stick,

that is just so well thought through and solid looking, balanced and still with a hint of destruction and death to it, game, paper or man regardless.

Thanks for sharing that sort of greatness with the rest of us.

/Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DonBon13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the bolt knob aluminium? </div></div>

It is not aluminum

rcnpthfndr

I've admired that weapon on Karl's website...very nice and well thought out.

i gave karl a brief outline on what gr bullets i was going to shoot and a vague overview of what i wanted. i told him he had full control of the build as i was going to be bouncing in and out of the country. he took my concept and built something i never could have imagined. all the credit goes to him, he had full artistic license on this project.

I have Karl doing a 223AI for me now, A5, Broughton 22 inch 8 twist throated for 75gr Amax. From there leave it all up to Karl. He knows I like Ti style bolt flueting and campfire bolt knobs. Should be cool when done.

Only experiance I've had with Karl was this past month.

I sent a barrel and a bolt to get spiral fluted. Out of the handful of smiths I've talked to about getting work done..ect, Karl by far had the Best Customer service of them all. He even called to follow up on how I liked the fluting. That's just awesome CS.

A little sneak peak of the g/f's .223ai build. His spiral fluting work is amazing.

DSCI0042.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coyotejunki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea how much weight reduction there is from the spiral fluting on the barrel? </div></div>

Heavy varmint barrel fluting 8-12oz
#4-5 Sporter 3-6oz
#1-3 Only adds the cooool factor

Bolt Fluting .5oz

I spoke with Karl last month about his work load. I think he is doing barrel fluting with the barrel off the action.

Post a pic when you get it done