• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kansas City Mo

drn1234

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Castle Rock Colorado
Sorry if this is not the right place for this. Did not know where to post it.

I am going to KC for the first time to visit a friend. Aside from the BBQ and beer tour we are planning, are their any great gun shops or gun shops geared towards precision rifle I can visit?

Also any long range ranges? 1,000 yds and more?

Thanks in advance.

Ha ha I guess thats true, I have ben spoiled I have mile high shooting and trigger time gun club in my back yard.

Was wondering if their were any shops like that in KC

If you had a date range for your visit it may be possible to go shoot with some Hide members
here in the KC area, no good public ranges yet.......wait for it, wait for it!
Some good private shooting areas may be available while in town.

Definitely goto the WWI museum. It's amazing and definitely worth your time.

I think you have to make an appt to visit GAP.

jetmd

I may have to take you up on that. I see your location is in smithville, ironically i am staying in smithville.
I am flying in Friday June 13th early morning and leaving Sunday early morning.

It has been a while for me, but the guac might still be open, it's a good eatery for wining and dining the gun packing ladies...

Also, I hear that there used to be a great place out on highway 50 heading east of the city, what was it called again? "Route" something or "Fantasy" something... can't quite recall... somebody help me out here... drunken, crazy, rowdy, debauchery to be had by all...

fantasy ranch, but thats WAY outside of town and over an hour from where the OP is staying.

ETA: I mean I HEARD of this place out on highway 50 called "fantasy ranch" and I "heard" that there was some type of shower you could get there that you will never forget.

Manners, GAP and Badger are all within a block of each other. Call ahead and make it happen. WWI is a must see.

Isn't Bushnell pretty close, too?

Matt @ Manners has been a gracious tour guide for me.

Also, Oklahoma Joes for BBQ, dunno what locals think but its some of the very best in the US.

It has been a while for me, but the guac might still be open, it's a good eatery for wining and dining the gun packing ladies...

Also, I hear that there used to be a great place out on highway 50 heading east of the city, what was it called again? "Route" something or "Fantasy" something... can't quite recall... somebody help me out here... drunken, crazy, rowdy, debauchery to be had by all...

decider i believe you are referencing the fine establishment known as route 66. although i would think going all the way for the gold and trekking to warrensburg's star bar would be more better for a good time and local (viral) flavor.

Nice I will have to try all the "fine" establishments. I have a buddy that just moved back there and I have never been to KC so looking forward to the BBQ, sweet tea, beer and bitches tour!
Throw in some WW1 museum and some gun related tours and sounds like a great weekend.

GAP, Manners, Badger, Crescent Customs. If you're into hunting, you might want to check out the mule deer exhibit at Cabela's. For food- Oklahoma Joes, Jack Stack, Gates, Arthur Bryants.....so little time in one weekend. Beer- Boulevard Brewery- 'nuff said.
Shooting ranges better than you're used to...not in this metro area.

As for food Gates or Arthur Bryant's for BBQ and the Golden Ox for a great steak. I am headed out that way on the 18th of June. This will be the first time in about 4 years that I have not had an appointment to drop off something at GAP and place an order with Manners. Unfortunately this is also the last year in KC for the conference.

warrensburg's star bar would be more better for a good time and local (viral) flavor.

I dont think Star Bar exists anymore. Pine st. was really in bad shape when I was there last spring. Most places that I remembered were gone, not to many new places to speak of, nobody was even out. You cant get into the bars anymore unless you are 21, no smoking in the bars, etc... It was a sad sight since what I remember(vaguely) was the cops closing Pine St. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night to traffic and people just wandering around from bar to bar. I lived on the block north of Pine St. for a year. Lets just say nothing got accomplished that year of college.

I dont think Star Bar exists anymore. Pine st. was really in bad shape when I was there last spring. Most places that I remembered were gone, not to many new places to speak of, nobody was even out. You cant get into the bars anymore unless you are 21, no smoking in the bars, etc... It was a sad sight since what I remember(vaguely) was the cops closing Pine St. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night to traffic and people just wandering around from bar to bar. I lived on the block north of Pine St. for a year. Lets just say nothing got accomplished that year of college.

sad to hear, i aint been there after dark in prolly 8 or 9 years. i do go up there with my wife and kids to a few thrift/ pawn shops during the day some weekends but didnt know the bars were dead these days. shame, all the drunk times i had there are fondly remembered, and seemed to always end in a skinny dip at lyons lake.

Last edited:
had to revise my kc must see list-

WW1 Museum
Manners
GAP
Crescent Customs
Badger
Bazookas
Grinders
and for a formal gunshop, visit Snapshots(literally just up the street from the trifecta of awsome), Here you will walk in and achieve instant emphasema, have a heart attack at their prices, and shit directly into your pants seeing some of the mouthbreathers "shopping" in there. Its a true outer body experience

seanhagerty, thanks for the invite but this is a pretty short trip. Maybe next time.

Have a tour scheduled of GAP on Friday and going past the WW1 museum. Otherwise hanging with friends and trying all the BBQ and other "fine" establishments.

You gotta try the undiscovered Q39 for BBQ. It's on 39th St west of southwest traffic-way. Way better than Oklahoma joes!

WWI museum like everyone else. Checkout The Roasterie if you're into coffee. Cool tour and facilities.