• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kansas Iowa Nebraska Missouri

Re: Kansas Iowa Nebraska Missouri

There is a f-class or sniper match at Big Piney Sportsman Club in Houston MO every month. 100 to 800 yds. I shoot them and they are a lot of fun.

Hutchinson KS. has a couple precision rifle matches a year and what they call a DMR match. DMR is shot with an AR type rifle and is from 25 yd. to 600 yd. Have movers at 125, 200, 300, 500, and 600. 5 second exposure for some static targets at all ranges and some slow fire. They have had the spring ones already and they were both good matches. Fall will be the next ones, Oct. I think.
You can try this link. Sometimes it works sometimes the site is down.

http://www.ckgc.org/HP.html

I will check out the one in both areas. Iam looking for a match that is held every month. I matches seem to be alot of fun. Plus you pick up little things to do and not to do.

If you come to the monthly long range rifle match at the Big Piney Sportsman's Club, be sure to bring a magazine fed rifle and a handgun so you can also shoot in our two-gun match that is held on the same day.

I will check into that. That sounds like fun. I will call and see when the next match is. Thanks for the info.

28 June is the next match. Start time is appoximately 09:00.

For the tactical rifle match you will need 40 rounds. Cost is $20.00. We will shoot 5 rounds every 100 yards. You will be shooting off of various simulators and props, this may include roof, mailbox, wall, window, under vehicle, etc. The target is a IDPA silhouette. The targets are not scored or looked at until all firing is done.

If you also shoot the two-gun course, you will need 40 rounds of rifle and 18 rounds of handgun ammo per pass. Cost is $10.00 for the first time, $5.00 every time after. You may use centerfire and/or rimfire firearms. There is no limit on magazine capacity and any type of sight can be used. You may also use full auto firearms if you have one.

Are most using ARs. I have a couple but mostly use a maz fed bolt guns. Pistols are no problem. That sounds like a blast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunrunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">28 June is the next match. Start time is appoximately 09:00.

For the tactical rifle match you will need 40 rounds. Cost is $20.00. We will shoot 5 rounds every 100 yards. You will be shooting off of various simulators and props, this may include roof, mailbox, wall, window, under vehicle, etc. The target is a IDPA silhouette. The targets are not scored or looked at until all firing is done.

If you also shoot the two-gun course, you will need 40 rounds of rifle and 18 rounds of handgun ammo per pass. Cost is $10.00 for the first time, $5.00 every time after. You may use centerfire and/or rimfire firearms. There is no limit on magazine capacity and any type of sight can be used. You may also use full auto firearms if you have one.

</div></div>

I'm planning to go to this one. I should have GAP rifle by then, maybe my suppressor will work on it and will make an appearance...

Shawn

Does anybody have GPS coordinates or more detailed directions to Big Piney? I'm planning to head down for the match on the 28th with a couple other guys.

Very easy to find - just take Highway B East out of Houston (off 63), go about four miles and look for the sign on the right....

Hope to see you there....

Bill

Any body know of any other matches in the 4 state area besides Big Piney?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very easy to find - just take Highway B East out of Houston (off 63), go about four miles and look for the sign on the right....

Hope to see you there....

Bill</div></div>

Thanks Bill, how long do the matches usually last? (Tactical and the 2-gun course) Are targets provided or do competitors need to bring their own?

Anything else that first timers need to know or bring?

It kind of depends on how many shooters there are. I think they can handle 22 on a realy, usually only one relay.

Rifle match is usually over by 1:00 (earlier if fewer shooters), pistol/carbine finishes up by 3:00.

You just need your gear, guns, and ammo - all targets are furnished by the club. The next match is the "tactical" rifle match, shot on modified-scoring IDPA cardboard targets. 5 shots each from 100-700 yards from various shooting positions, and maybe 800 if conditions are right (800 is shot on a steel iron maiden). No sighters....

Any other q's, let me know.

Bill

I shot in the tactical marksmanship match at the Big Piney club today! It was a little hot, but pretty fun even though I completely missed the target @ 800 yards. I'll upload some pics and I'll share them here later this week...

Shawn

I seen some of the pictures Shawn posted. That looked like a great time. I going to try to get to a match down there. I think they have some coming up.

F-Class type of long range rifle matches - 19 July, 27 Sep, 18 Oct

Tactical long range rifle matches - 09 Aug, 13 Dec

November is a down month for the range due to deer season and Thanksgiving.

Do you need to pre register for the match.?
Is there something going on the day before? Does the scores go on your NRA scores. Thanks