• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Kansas Outfitters

cut rifled

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2006
Fond du Lac, WI
Going on a whitetail rifle hunt in Kansas this year and have narrowed it down to 2 outfitters just wondering if anyone has hunted with or heard of either one.

Kansas Trophy Whitetails (North Central Kansas)

Hickory Creek Outfitters (Southeast Kansas)

Re: Kansas Outfitters

unit 8.

Bobcat and Coyote Hunts

Cost of hunt: $1200.00

4-day hunt includes lodging, meals, and guide service

License cost: $252.15

Dates: Dec. 15 - Feb. 15

hmm.... why would the license cost be 252??? last time i looked, coyotes are legal on the general hunting license and a non resident is allowed ONE cat tag at 105 bucks... ive been hunting north central kansas for the last ten years. doe tags for non residents used to be 17 bucks!!!

just my thoughts...

I've not heard of them, but that's not saying much, I always hunt on friends land. I have a long time family friend that operates Old School Guide Service in Oskaloosa Kansas (NE). He has had good success rates in the past and really works hard for his hunters. I would look into him if you haven't committed yet. Some good articles written about his outfit from buckmasters as well. Mike is a great guy to boot.

http://www.oldschoolguideservice.com/index.html

non resident hunting license can be bought for about $75.00 for one year.It is good for small game and predators. I buy one every year to go coyote hunting

non resident hunting license can be bought for about $75.00 for one year.It is good for small game and predators. I buy one every year to go coyote hunting

You might look on Kansas Bow Site. (Bowsite, state forums, KS) It has a large section of outfitter reviews. Even if you are not bowhunting, you might get some insight.
I will say that in KS anyone can be an outfitter by just saying so, and most all have access to photos of big dead deer. I hear horror stories each year. Be VERY careful booking a KS hunt.
Some things to watch for would be that land avaiable is far less than said. In the counties I have land, if you added up all the outfitters land in that county, it would be more than the size of the county. Some will lease a huge tract of overgrazed pasture for about nothing with a corner where you can watch into a better tract, that you cannot hunt, hoping something will jump the fence. Also, only a very small portion of the land in KS is hunting land. Most is "under the cow or the plow". Most guides are just unemployed guys who drink or drug. One was arrested last year on a drug charge, while guiding. Clients were with him.
Also keep in mind that poaching is huge in KS. You cannot imagine, unless you have been here to see it. Headless deer laying all over the fields. I repaired two places in my fences yesterday where they were shot in two by bullets from the road. So you can guess how many bullets were shot at deer from the road onto my land. The big deer are mostly gone.
PM if you want more details. But be prepared and do your homework.

We chose Hickory Creek thanks for the input. We did a ton of homework I just hope it pays off. I searched all the review sites and could only find positive things about Hickory Creek and found a couple not so good ones on the other guy so that sealed the deal for us.

Could hook you up with a mule/whitetail hunt with a couple respectable guides in my area. Agree with rth1800 as to some crazy things that go on in this state reguarding hunting/poaching.

Theres a shit pot of big deer right now in SE KS, ive got a fare bit of land in cedervale we could kill them dy the truck load everyday if we had the time, they are killing crop & fences every day.
SHOOT EVERY ONE YOU SEE!!

PS. you wont have enough ammo
smile.gif