• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes kaps scopes 3.5-10 illuminated

grunt soldier

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 20, 2009
indianapolis
anyone heard of these. i looked through one today and i mean s&b quality was all i saw at about 1600 bucks. its got a 7.62 turret on and has a bdc. it is illuminated and seemed amazing. turning the turrets you could feel every click. i think i am gonna by it tomorrow if anyone has heard anything bad about them let me know. i talked to a couple of my german friends and they said its s&b all over just a lower price. they both use them. its like most set up for a 168 gr match ammo.. someone w/ one talk to me before i buy it tomorrow. god the glass was amazing and google turns up very little on them. they are ffp and it has a mp8 type reticle w/ the range estimator. any help would be greatly appreciated cause i don't want to spend 1600 blind

Re: kaps scopes 3.5-10 illuminated

I know nothing about these scopes, but I know you can buy some really nice optics for $1600. Put a few dollars with it and you can get into a nice used USO.

lol i guess it could seem that way but they seem to be amazing scopes for the price. it's glass is killing night force and us optics. its ffp and its illuminated. its got a ior mp8 type reticle w/ mil dots for range estimation. i am sure i am far less educated than most on this site w/ terminology and what not but it was by far a better scope than i have played with. i was truly asking if anyone has one. i know they are big in germany w/ a small amount of distributors here in america. again i ask anyone w/ any knowledge on these optics please post

sorry hydro i posted before you got your second one in here. i know i can get a good us optics for that price just curious if anyone had heard of them or had any experience w/ them. i am not joking when i said the glass was as good as s&b. and as far as the rest of the scope seemed it was rock solid. and again i called a couple of my friends from germany that i was stationed w/ over there and they loved them. they say it what a lot of the german police use as their sniper scopes. how true this is i don't know its just what i understand from them

Kaps scopes are very good. I've used several huntingscopes and they have been exellent. I think the quality on the huntingscopes are equal to S&B Classic.

BTW.Take a look at the field of view of the scope you looked through. If it is a 56mm objective scope it has >15ft@100m at a full 10x!

Kaps make a lot of optical instruments and scopes:

http://www.kaps-optik.de/

Kaps tactical scopes:

http://www.i-e-a.de/productslink0.html

The tactical scopes are also excellent but have a disadvantage with not enogh adjustment range and non standard click value.

Well you have my attention as I am looking for a scope for my newly aquired RRA varmint A4 which will be used primarily as a coyote gun and see some moonlight hunting. I searched for some info on them but don't see anything about a reticle like you mention. I only see standard reticles. I am just not sure if I like the 6mm turret adjustments at 100m. It would be choice if you could get a mildot reticle with mil turret adjustments. Let me know if you have more info about where to get other reticles.

i am not sure about the other reticles. the one i looked through came w/ a 7.62 turrnet on it. it had numbers 1-6 on the turrets. and there were like 5 click's in between each one. but then it had a acog type bdc. when set on the six the lines under the center dot are for 700 800 900 and 1000. though they weren't numbered . that is the one thing that made me really nervous was the 6mm turret adjustments. i really liked it but i guess i might just have to hold off on it. it is strange there website doesn't show the reticle i saw. but it looked just like the ior mp8