• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Karambits

lpd5408

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2006
Charleston, IL
I know I have seen them here. I'm in the market for one and need some makers besides the usual. I already have a 5.11 and Emerson looking for something special.

Re: Karambits

Strider is one that I like. Might want to check out Knifeart.com. They have some nice blades available.

Cut

Reese Weiland did this one for me. Unreal detail.Damascus blade. Google him on the web.

img0534rg.jpg

Wow that's an awesome looking knife!

What's a ball park price on something like that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Al Rick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow that's an awesome looking knife!

What's a ball park price on something like that? </div></div>

$350+

Tucsondave that is what im talking about. That is a nice karambit. Oh thanks for helping me pend some overtime.

Thanks Cut. Strider is on my list, but im going to check out Weiland as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Al Rick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow that's an awesome looking knife!

$350+ </div></div>

Wow, thanks!

Does someone else make a good quality version of this, but for around 1 - 150 range?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Al Rick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Al Rick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow that's an awesome looking knife!

$350+ </div></div>

Wow, thanks!

Does someone else make a good quality version of this, but for around 1 - 150 range? </div></div>

Emerson with the Wave should be around 150-175ish.

I have an Emerson folding karambit, great knife, holds edge very well. It is very quick to deploy with "wave opening feature", basically a blunted hook on the "back of the blade" that catches on your pocket to unfold as you are pulling it out.

The Super Karambit is a little too large to carry legally depending on your state laws.

Only complaints about Emerson Karambit is that the clip comes on the wrong side of the knife to correctly deploy and hold the knife in traditional "knife down" position. But fortunately, you can unscrew the clip and switch it to the other side. Deploying the knife with your thumb instead of forefinger in the finger hole, also allows for quicker and more forceful unfolding to ensure that your knife locks in place. With practice, you are deploy the knife almost as quickly as a fixed blade, and follow with upward slash in one relatively smooth movement.

Other complaint is that its edge is grounded only on one side, which is mostly preference but also effective sharpening.

Other knives I would suggest looking at with wave deployment are spyderco p'kal and spyderco endura.

The p'kal is nice because it facilitates quick punching pick-like stabbing strikes, rather than more vulnerable slashing movements. Also broadens your opinions for counter-strikes with entangling, such as hooking and controlling opponents arm, etc.

If the manufacturers are listening, I would love to see a double-edged folding karambit with wave or similar quick deployment feature. Under 3" blade length. S30V stainless. Does anyone know of a knife that "fits this bill"?

Tyler while that has a Hookbill blade it is not a Karambit. For it to be a Karambit it needs to have ring.
I've collected and train with Karambits for years, I prefer a Fixed blade. i currently have a Strider HS, ST and an MB. ST is nice for edc, has single edge for states that matter. The HS is double edged and larger blade than the ST.
I suggest you get a trainer as well, and seek some training,it's a great useful knife if properly used, dangerous to play with if not familiar with the design. Avoid twirling and such, learn to extend and retract the blade.

Tyler, agree that is very nice blade...but echo Scottco on differences. Finger hold just makes such a huge difference in control of knife, especially when you hand gets sweaty. I also prefer fixed blade for quicker deployment and stability, but depending on state laws...may only be legal to open carry. Trade offs as to what one thinks is important.

Agree training is paramount. Silat, Kali, or similar art fits use of Karambit well.

Thx gents...that's what I get for trying to wake up and think to early! Points well taken.

-Tyler

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reese Weiland did this one for me. Unreal detail.Damascus blade. Google him on the web.

img0534rg.jpg
</div></div>
That's beautiful...
SmokeRolls