• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Karate - again/still

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
Did some outstanding kata's tonight, terms, we already did 3 we eks of sparring.
Promoted to 1st degree green belt - Brown belt test coming very soon!!!

Feel like I"m on my game hte past few weeks - been doing Butokukan Karate on weekends and that took a while to ramp up on after Shotokan despite that they are so similiar...

Love it!! You are never too old to do this!!!

Re: Karate - again/still

You are right ArcticLight. I have doing it for about 25 years now and still learning. And never too old for it.

Good for you!
I've been at it a long time now, teaching since '92, I've always been most impressed by beginning adults. I think it says something about your character when you're willing to do something that you know is going to be difficult (and painful) and require time and commitment in spite of everything else going on in your life. Plus you look and feel so uncoordinated at first!
Stick with it, it can change your life.

I wish I wasn't so limited with the selection of things out here. All there is tae kwon do and hopkido. I'd like to try muay thai.