• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Karsten's Cheek Rest Questions

Deadshot2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2011
The Convergence Zone
Am doing my next build a little on the cheap. Going to re-use some items left over from previous builds.

I will be building a long/heavy barreled .223 based on a Rem 700 action and using an H-S Precision Stock I took off a 5-R Milspec.

Questions:

How do those of you with Karsten's Cheek Rests like them?

What type would you recommend, the sliding, flush, knob, or fixed?

What "size" does the H-S Precision stock require, the standard or "wide".

Any other pro/con comments?

This rifle will be used only for target or varmint shooting and not really lugged around much.

I put a standard width Karsten's on my .22-243's GameScout to get comb height true w/20moa base & 50mm scope. It works as designed, and I like it OK. But, after having it a year, and shooting my other rifles with stock packs side by side, I'm gonna take the kydex off and put a stock pack on. Triad finally got some back in stock this week, so that finalized my decision to remove the Karsten's piece & fill the stock holes w/Marine Tex...

If you haven't bought yet, PM me & maybe we can get you squared away for cheap.

I've got one and the problem I have is it seems to slip during shooting sessions. If I had it to do over again I'd get the one that is fixed.