• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kauger Arms?

Jason280

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2005
GA
Anyone familiar with Kauger Arms actions? I'm considering having an 18-20" .308 built, and I found a short action VPR locally. Anyone have any experience with the actions, and how do they compare with others in the $800 range?

No way in hell I'd pay $3 more than a Zermatt origin for that kauger action

Never heard of them. They almost look like they could be a stiller OEM but not quite. The info on their website is comical at best. Doesnt give me a lot of faith.

Id suggest getting an origin and never look back

Reactions: Stoweit
Yeah, there isn't a lot of information on the website...and even fewer reviews/threads online. I was mainly interested as they are somewhat local.

Here ya go.

Attachments

• 3EA6D853-DFAB-41A8-B869-AFCD2FE6854C.jpeg
    3EA6D853-DFAB-41A8-B869-AFCD2FE6854C.jpeg
    325.3 KB · Views: 340
  • C09CCCB0-80AB-411F-9D4A-EE0DFF49B19B.jpeg
    C09CCCB0-80AB-411F-9D4A-EE0DFF49B19B.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 337
I’m 3 deep. I’ve actually spoke to Adam there on different occasions. I have stiller, AI, Lawton, 40X. You name it. They are a damn nice 700 clone! Like anyone trying to get a real start in custom rifle game they have to had a unique approach. I agree web site leaves some questions. Call and talk to the man. He is real!

Continuing this resurrection, I bought one back in November.
I'm very pleased with it.
I can't buy a premade, over the counter prefit from Altus or places like that, but I do have a GS very familiar with the actions that can spin up a prefit in a couple of weeks and for those that care, the engraving lines up perfectly.

I'd buy another.

Last edited:

Continuing this resurrection, I bought one back in November.
I'm very pleased with it.
I can't buy an premade, over the counter prefit from Altus or places like that, but I do have a GS very familiar with the actions that can spin up a prefit in a couple of weeks and for those that care, the engraving lines up perfectly.

I'd buy another.
Jon Slagle at L3 rifles has done two of mine. Both perfect.