• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes KDG Sidelok 30mm Mount

holden

0351 Erastus "Deaf" Smith
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2006
Republic of Texas
Follow Up - Finally got my hands on one. Solid built piece. Has some adjustability in setting ring width which came in handy when mounting my USO SR6. The cam feature is incredibly nice and locks up nice on rail and seems to be non-marring. Company claims RTZ if placed at same place on rail - haven't tested this. Love that this is tool-less and there are no bolts or levers. As a bobro guy, I'm glad I took a leap of faith and went with KDG. I'll use going forward.

Reactions: DuneShoot
Any advantage over the Bobro?

Easier to put onto the rail. Also they're a good deal slimmer than Bobro mounts. I'm a Bobro guy but if I were to get any other QD not made by Bobro, this would probably be it. Yes, I'm a bit biased since I am a KDG dealer, but I believe they make a high quality product that's well thought out and well executed. That is the reason I chose to sell their products.

Ahh! You got yours before i got mine hah. Im planning to order one this week. I dont have my barrel quite yet so i cant do an RTZ test till next month.

But what i like is that if KDG follows through on what they say they plan to release, i can mount it on my 3gun AR15 with 30mm rings, or i can swap out the base bar for a 20moa bar and put it on a Grendel and take it out to distance, or i can throw 34mm rings on it and put it on top of the creedmoor! Great features built into this little thing.

Its a slimmer mount.

I think one could ask if the bobro has any advantage over the kdg. So far, I think it's a winner.