• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Keep track of Zero offsets for different speeds of loads

AnimalMother224

maybe steel go ding
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2014
east side
Anyone have a easy or simple way of keeping track of zero off sets for when your running different loads at dramatically different speeds?

a simple example to help explain.

When I work loads for just simple range practice, Im running them in the low 2700's with is where my Zero is set on my K624I

Ive been working up some lighter bullets to get some speed out of my barrel and they are running like 2950. That zero is about 4 tenths different. How can I keep track of that.

what way makes more sense. Keep zeroed at the lower speed and just have to math each dope for the faster round or zero for the faster round and math for the slower round? or reset zero every time? I dont know .

When you go into your rifle profile, you can add different ammo profiles.

At the bottom, there is a place to enter a zero offset and you can select MOA, MRAD, or whatever.

This way, you'll have that info available every time you run the different ammo.
Screenshot_20200917-092515.png

I'm old school. That's why data/dope books were invented.

When you go into your rifle profile, you can add different ammo profiles.

At the bottom, there is a place to enter a zero offset and you can select MOA, MRAD, or whatever.

This way, you'll have that info available every time you run the different ammo.View attachment 7425806

ok I have input the zero offset .. now I believe ive checked it correctly but can you verify. that offset is automatically factored into the dope you call up on your known distance ..

If you run Strelok Pro, you can save different gun profiles and you could track it there.
If you have Strelok Pro, there is a feature in the cartridge settings that allows you to input your vertical and horizontal zero offset for a specific bullet or cartridge. I have my rifle zeroed for my target rounds, but I have my offset for my hunting rounds factored into the elevation and windage outputs on the home screen.