• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Keeping - 18" 6.5 creedmoor BA or in Q Side Chick Chassis

FunkyTownScout

Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
TEXAS
For your consideration - An 18" 6.5 CM barreled action from Deep South Tactical. This was one of their DST barreled action specials with a trued/blueprinted Rem 700 action, oversized bolt knob, .250 recoil lug, originally 24" bartlein 3b contour barrel all birdsong black-T coated. I had them cut and re-thread the barrel to 18" and add a Timney CE trigger currently set at 2 lbs. Their are some light marks from holding the barrel in the fixture to cut/rethread. I did not have them send it back to get the end retouched up by birdsong as I knew it wouldn't bother me. I'll include some pics when I get a chance.

BA currently sits in a Q Side Chick chassis. Both BA and chassis have 20 rounds through them with hornady american gunner. Rifle shoots sub-moa with the hornady american gunner ammo.

NO TRADES PLEASE

All prices include shipping. If BA is included, I'll have my FFL Dealer - Capitol Armory ship it.

Reason for selling - Picked up a 16" 6.5 CM Q The Fix 1 week after putting this together.

IMG_20191030_184018.jpg

IMG_20191103_110609.jpg

IMG_20191104_161123.jpg

Last edited:
I'll measure the barrel diameter tonight.

If you lift the bolt up literally 0.1" the stock will fold over it and then you can lower the bolt down fully. I'd gladly take the larger bolt vs the inconvenience of making sure the bolt is 0.1" above fully locked (basically it's in the play/jiggle of the closed bolt handle, before you have to even use any force to to lift the bolt).

OP shows imperfection in coatings from when DST chopped the barrel and let me know it may mar the finish.

I still need to measure the barrel diameter at the end and haven't had a chance to weigh it. The side chick is 2.6 lbs per the website though so I'm thinking it's around 7 lbs naked. Lower price on chassis and package. Can also include the sig tango 6 5-30x MOA milling with ADM mount for an additional $1,200. ADM mount does have a little bit of krylon on it from the previous owner.