• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kelbly atlas + bravo chassis

Dantrom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2009
northwest ohio
Does anyone know if the kelbly atlas action will fit in a krg bravo chassis? Just by looking at pictures of the chassis I'm concerned the trigger mount on the action would interfere.

So an update, I bought a bravo stock for my kelbly atlas tactical and my quick assessment is that the kelbly atlas tactical will not work in the bravo stock. The trigger housing on the atlas action hits the bolt head that holds the trigger guard in the bravo so there is no way to remove material to clear for the trigger housing.

Bummer..

Reactions: Genin
Looks like I might need to buy a new chassis; I ordered an barreled action using an Atlas Tactical to put into my KRG Bravo.

Bizarre considering the Atlas is suppose to be a 700 semi-clone; I guess that's what "semi" means.

Assuming you have 100% verified this; is there other chassis the Atlas will not work in too? If so which ones?

There is nothing listed under "More Detailed Info" that states it will not accept an Atlas Tactical:

Unfortunately I paid $2000 for a custom barreled action; gunsmith had to order the Atlas, which was shipped to them last week. Worst case scenario maybe KRG will accept an return on the chassis, but then I'll be searching for another chassis. I was really pleased with the Bravo chassis too.

After seeing this thread, I did some research and found a review on the Atlas Tactical that stated this:

"Since it is a Remington 700 semi-clone, it can drop into in any stock or chassis that are inlet for Remington 700s, with minor modifications. These modifications are for the Kelbly Trigger Hanger, and the side bolt release also known as the Extreme Duty Bolt Stop. Once those have been accommodated for, I can easily take one of my barreled Remington 700 actions and play musical stocks or chassis, depending on what I’m feeling for my flavor of the month."

I just emailed KRG and linked them this thread; awaiting response.

Last edited:
Yeah I tried putting the action in the bravo and it was a no go and obviously the trigger housing ( if thats what it is actually called?) Definitely hits where the trigger guard mounts.

Other than the housing they use for the trigger it fits a reminton bedding. I ended up milling out a McMillan I have bedded for a Remington, and putting my trued Remington in the bravo.

I think I have seen surgeon actions with a trigger housing like the atlas also?

Looking back on the very beginning of the Bravo Chassis thread, when they were talking about over sized lugs not working...

Justin said:

"We really didn't envision guys putting in premium actions but it is cool that you guys like the Bravo enough to use it with a $1k+ action. We probably won't do a larger lug slot in the future, we have the X-ray and Whiskey-3 which both fit the larger lugs. something along the lines that they never expected people to drop in high end barreled actions."

Looking back on the very beginning of the Bravo Chassis thread, when they were talking about over sized lugs not working... Justin said something along the lines that they never expected people to drop in high end barreled actions.

I remember reading that but don't recall ever reading anything about a clash with trigger hangers. I will probably just send them an email inquiry and see if they think it's doable or find another path, shame because the stock shape and features has really grown on me since I prefer the A5 pattern and never gone the chassis route.

KRG emailed me photos of mods done by customers to accommodate an Atlas Tactical. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 53333140_2066898930023992_1023817759806455808_n.jpg
    53333140_2066898930023992_1023817759806455808_n.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 54256681_2080591498898660_6136268291745775616_n.jpg
    54256681_2080591498898660_6136268291745775616_n.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 231
  • 54415241_1948800341898296_6534021704040054784_n.jpg
    54415241_1948800341898296_6534021704040054784_n.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 234
That is not an atlas.
I'll have to look at mine again but it did not seem as if there would had been enough clearance just to countersink and run a flathead. Also the atlas will run closer to the rear action screw, but very doable to clear.

Actually... The email I received back from them stated these are "pics we've received from customers who have performed trigger hangar mods."

KRG emailed me photos of mods done by customers to accommodate an Atlas Tactical. Thoughts?

The primary issues I see are that the SHCS on the front of the trigger hanger has been ground down to nothing and could be easily rounded out if it's even still usable and the one in the chassis isn't far behind it unless it's the angle I'm looking at it.

Yea.. I'm just going to use my Atlas on another chassis. I'm more than pleased with the Bravo chassis and for the price point it's amazing.

My main interest in the Bravo was the stated weight and all of the features it comes with at that weight since it is going to be a lighter hunting rifle.
My initial intentions were to put it in a Greyboe Terrain and it's still looking like that's what I will do.

So an update, I bought a bravo stock for my kelbly atlas tactical and my quick assessment is that the kelbly atlas tactical will not work in the bravo stock. The trigger housing on the atlas action hits the bolt head that holds the trigger guard in the bravo so there is no way to remove material to clear for the trigger housing.

Bummer..
Just for future reference for anyone experiencing this problem. I ran into this issue after purchasing an Atlas for my son to use in his Bravo. So I contacted Kelbly, and they will modify the Bravo to work with the Atlas if you send it in. I just found out about this service yesterday and I will post pictures of the work done once I receive the chassis back from them.

I have an X-ray for my Kelbly's I modified myself. I called Kelbly's and told them I wanted to try it myself and they gave me some options. I shaved down their trigger housing a little, and shaved down the inside of the X-Ray chassis, and got it to fit just right.

So possible to do your self, and also possible to send it in. Kelbly's was great to work with.