• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kelby atlas tactical loose trigger pins

Tjn260

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2021
Tn
Hey guys, im building my first custom on a kelbly's atlas tactical and had some questions in regards to the trigger. My action has trigger pins instead of the trigger hanger that I see on most of these actions. When installing my triggertech diamond I noticed that the pins are very loose, like they can be pushed out with very little pressure with a punch by hand. Even after installing the trigger its almost like they could fall out, they seem to stay put but they are way looser than any remington 700 trigger ive ever dealt with. When the bolt is closed the trigger assembly is tight due to pressure on the sear, but when open it has alot of play. Is this normal or could the pins/holes be out of spec?

Contact Kelbly's directly if you haven't already. They are very good with support and will be able to assist you/give the best advice.

Contact Kelbly's directly if you haven't already. They are very good with support and will be able to assist you/give the best advice.
Called and talked to Ian, he explained that due to the nitride process, there can be some variation in how tightly the pins fit. He said to slightly mushroom the heads of the pins, and that worked great.

Reactions: Harman117