• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Keltec RFB Opinions

ohiogunnut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2008
Ohio, USA
Has anyone here actually handled one of these? I have read claims of <1" groups with these things with handloads and am a big fan of bullpups in general. I love my AR10, but if I could get an RFB to group sub MOA it would make the switch pretty tempting.

Re: Keltec RFB Opinions

I don't have any experience with it, but do own a SU-16CA for a specific purpose. My impressions of KT products, including the RFB are that they look to be on the flimsy side.

I have handled and am watching with interest this drop-in stock's developement: http://shortrifles.com/index.htm

It uses your M14/M1A barreled receiver.

If you're not a fan of the Nutnfancy Project, you should check out his 4 part series on .308 Battle Rifles. They had Chad from Kel Tec come down for a couple days to do some running and gunning in the desert. Chad also brought a KSG which they tested in another series as well as a PMR30. It's lengthy but they pit it against an M1A and a Scar 17S.

It fared pretty well considering the competition. It had a few hiccups but I believe this was a preproduction model and subject to change.

It's almost 3 hours of footage but definitely worth the watch. You can find him on youtube.

I shot with a guy who had one. I shot his Keltec, not impressed. He shot my LMT MWS, he wants to sell his Keltec and save up for the LMT.

There is a lot more felt recoil on the Kel tec than any other .308 Semi I have fired. It became unpleasant to shoot after about a mag. I just didn't like it. I find that it bounce off target a lot more than its competition. However, if you were to fire it off-hand, it's decent because of the weight distribution, whereas LMT is front heavy and harder to hold steady.

I have to question the 1 MOA claims.... it was more of a 2-3 MOA weapon when I shot it.

I've had one since Christmas and I really like it. It's accurate enough for the intended purpose with a Aimpoint on it and has been 100% reliable.

It is definitely not a target gun.

IMG_7624.jpg

I haven't handled one, but I did look into getting one, until I saw MSRP! Didn't want to pay that much for what they had to offer. It's different (cool), but would rather have an AR. Serioisly doubt the 1 MOA claim. Yes, Kel Tec makes flimsy weapons, but my P32 is really reliable. Kel Tec will also stand behind their products! Have you checked out KTOG? It's a forum for Kel Tec owners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BX1129</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot with a guy who had one. I shot his Keltec, not impressed. He shot my LMT MWS, he wants to sell his Keltec and save up for the LMT.

There is a lot more felt recoil on the Kel tec than any other .308 Semi I have fired. It became unpleasant to shoot after about a mag. I just didn't like it. I find that it bounce off target a lot more than its competition. However, if you were to fire it off-hand, it's decent because of the weight distribution, whereas LMT is front heavy and harder to hold steady.

I have to question the 1 MOA claims.... it was more of a 2-3 MOA weapon when I shot it. </div></div>is it worst than HK-91 ??its known to be a jack hammer ...if so recoil is greater than or = ,shot group maybe worst or other prices to pay ...a need for a case or 2 of beer after shooting it like the hk-91

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cz777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[/quote]is it worst than HK-91 ??its known to be a jack hammer ...if so recoil is greater than or = ,shot group maybe worst or other prices to pay ...a need for a case or 2 of beer after shooting it like the hk-91 </div></div>

That's hard to say. Didn't have a HK-91 to compare side to side, so the whole felt recoil thing would be difficult to compare. I would say that the HK 91 would be a little better because it weighted more.

Then again, I was comparing it next to a LMT MWS and a JP .308 prototype. The LMT is twice the cost of the Kel Tec and the JP is three times the cost. Both those weapons will be smoother than the Kel Tec for the simple reason that they are higher tier weapons. With Kel tec's niche, if you will, there isn't really any .308 bullpup platform I can compare it to.

Like I said, I wasn't impressed by the platform. It felt cheap (for a rifle that's about $1500) and didn't stay on target very well. It's not a system I would have put money on. If lightweight bullpup in .308 fits your niche, then go for it. I think most people get it because it looks cool.