• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ken Light Annealing Machines

sinister

Rifle Pointer
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2002
Midland, Georgia
NOTE: NOT a commercial endorsement, rather my personal opinion on a tool I bought (second-hand), and use and abuse like a rented army surplus mule.

Reading another thread on high-end reloading equipment made me double-check a source of one of my favorite reloading tools.

I just got off the phone with Brian of Brian Crawford Engineering in Flagstaff, Arizona. He still produces the Ken Light Annealing Machine which uses two common household Bernz-o-Matic propane torches you can buy at most any hardware store (Ace, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.). He has two on the shelf, today (14 September 2021), with various caliber wheels on the shelf.

Cost is $600 for the machine and one caliber wheel, shipped.

It requires a little fiddling and adjustment to get right, for your brass, but once going works well (yeah, it looks a little ghetto). Not exactly fast, but not slow, either, and requires hand-feeding cases into the feed wheel. Good for bulk brass / mass-production (5.56, 7.62, 30-06, and 338 Lapua, for me).

Here are some videos and an info link::

Buy direct:

• Brian Crawford Engineering
  • 7865 Silver Saddle Road
  • Flagstaff, AZ 86004
  • Phone: 928-221-3665
  • email: thecrawfords2 at gmail (dot) com

Last edited:
NOTE: NOT a commercial endorsement, rather my personal opinion on a tool I bought (second-hand), and use and abuse like a rented army surplus mule.

Reading another thread on high-end reloading equipment made me double-check a source of one of my favorite reloading tools.

I just got off the phone with Brian of Brian Crawford Engineering in Flagstaff, Arizona. He still produces the Ken Light Annealing Machine which uses two common household Bernz-o-Matic propane torches you can buy at most any hardware store (Ace, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.). He has two on the shelf, today (14 September 2021), with various caliber wheels on the shelf.

Cost is $600 for the machine and one caliber wheel, shipped.

It requires a little fiddling and adjustment to get right, for your brass, but once going works well (yeah, it looks a little ghetto). Not exactly fast, but not slow, either, and requires hand-feeding cases into the feed wheel. Good for bulk brass / mass-production (5.56, 7.62, 30-06, and 338 Lapua, for me).

Here are some videos and an info link::

Buy direct:

• Brian Crawford Engineering
  • 7865 Silver Saddle Road
  • Flagstaff, AZ 86004
  • Phone: 928-221-3665
  • email: thecrawfords2 at gmail (dot) com

$600? That’s too high. No more than $300 for torch. Annie is $600 and that’s way better than torch. Set it up and every 1-2secs your you’re annealing a case

Reactions: secondofangle2
I have to snicker at the idea induction annealing is "better" than torch annealing. Or the idea a torch machine is worth less. When a torch annealers heat source stops working, you just screw on another bottle. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I would have a hard time paying 600 for an annealing machine that does not feed itself. I can fit like 1000 223 cases in the hopper on my Giruad. I don't know what they cost now. Mine wasn't 600 when I bought it in around 2014.

I have to snicker at the idea induction annealing is "better" than torch annealing. Or the idea a torch machine is worth less. When a torch annealers heat source stops working, you just screw on another bottle. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I would have a hard time paying 600 for an annealing machine that does not feed itself. I can fit like 1000 223 cases in the hopper on my Giruad. I don't know what they cost now. Mine wasn't 600 when I bought it in around 2014.
I never said torch was worthless. However what’s it take to anneal one case? 223, I’ll guess around 4-5seconds? So at $600 not including the price of a bottle it’s cheaper to go induction at less than 2sec a case and no consumables other than electricity.

I would never pay more than $300 for torch method. You can literally make those for less than $100. And this one priced at $600? 🤣🤣🤣

Not saying the knight isn’t good. I just don’t think it’s $600 good

$600? That’s too high. No more than $300 for torch. Annie is $600 and that’s way better than torch. Set it up and every 1-2secs your you’re annealing a case
return_to_the_future_thread_necromancy.jpg

Reactions: secondofangle2
I have been annealing with an old Ken Light for years. Thousands of rounds through the machine. There are better solutions on the market for less money. Jusy sayin'.

There’s nothing wrong with using a torch. Induction IS more consistent though. However $600 for a torch machine is absolutely insane. Just saying

Oh dear it never ends. Everybody just buy your annealer and be happy with it and let’s move on to the important things in life. Have you hugged your kids lately? Checked the temperature of your coffee? Your tire inflation pressure?