• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kentucky Precision Rifle Challenge/ PRS Event

1b375

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
Georgia
We are announcing the KPRC that will be held at Rockcastle Shooting Center in July.

This will be part of the PRS series. Thanks to Rich and crew for another match on the east coast.

Match will be a lot of fun with some unique stages for individuals.

http://kentuckyprc.com/

Re: Kentucky Precision Rifle Challenge/ PRS Event

Thanks Joe for bringing this forth. It takes a great bit of time and selfless dedicaton to set this up and goes above an beyond your existing match efforts just to make this happen on a request.

Rockcastle is great natural terrain venue that can provide some fantasic stage design and I'm excited for the oppurtunity, I hope everyone puts this on their calander and makes it in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sure hope I can get picked for this match!!!

Gonna be a great time </div></div>Looks like from the website there is no "picked" involved. Just be one of the first 80 applicants sent in.

Just double checking on the speed limit, is this correct?

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">"6.3 The maximum allowable speed of a projectile will be 2950 feet per second. All competitors will be required to run their ammunition through a chronograph at some point during the match."</span>

I hope that is a typo. I wanted to go to that match but I'm not going to build a 6.5 creedmoor to shoot it.

Dustin

wow, I missed that rule. would probably put me out as well. i only have one long rifle and only shoot one load in it, which is under 3000 but over 2950. don't really want to work up a different load and get different dope for one match.

It seems that 3100 is the general rule at most matches and some are even 3200. Oh well, there is a first time for everything i guess. There is also a rule about nothing over 190 grains so that rules out the 300 WM shooting the heavy pills.

Dustin

How many of you 6mm guys are going to develop a new load or use a new/different rifle?

Mick

I can't speak for the masses but I won't be developing a new load or building a new rifle. I just can't justify having a barrel spun up for one match. I'd bet a 260 or 6.5x47 will be in the winners circle when this one is over.

Dustin

I for one feel like that rule will level the playing field between calibers. Make it more of a shooting comp and less of a rifle/ reloading comp.

You can always have a "few" rounds for the chrono. Good luck gaming the gamers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can always have a "few" rounds for the chrono. Good luck gaming the gamers. </div></div>

There is a big difference between gaming and cheating and I'm sure they will not announce that you are now going to be shooting over the chrono so grab your slow ammo. I'd bet anything that you will show up on the firing line and there will be a chrono set up. As a final note it doesn't matter what caliber or speed restrictions are in place the same guys will be at the top. The cream rises to the top every time.

Please don't misinterpret any of my post as being a knock on the way match is being run. Anyone that puts on a match has the right to enforce any rules they deem necessary because after all it is their match. I hope this match is a huge success and I believe that it is a great way to give the east coast PRS shooters another good place to compete.

Dustin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dustin Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can always have a "few" rounds for the chrono. Good luck gaming the gamers. </div></div>

There is a big difference between gaming and cheating and I'm sure they will not announce that you are now going to be shooting over the chrono so grab your slow ammo. I'd bet anything that you will show up on the firing line and there will be a chrono set up. As a final note it doesn't matter what caliber or speed restrictions are in place the same guys will be at the top. The cream rises to the top every time.

Please don't misinterpret any of my post as being a knock on the way match is being run. Anyone that puts on a match has the right to enforce any rules they deem necessary because after all it is their match. I hope this match is a huge success and I believe that it is a great way to give the east coast PRS shooters another good place to compete.

Dustin

</div></div>

There in lies the problem. Unless your using one of the high end chrono's they are un reliable. Not to mention time of day and heat could vary easy change the speed of what your ammo is doing. Using reloader? What you thought was shooting between 2900-2950 is now 2950-3000.

Yea I crunch rl17 in my .243 in the freezer when I'm reloading so it has cold air in there. So when I take one and shoot it right after I load it, it always shoots 2965, but once the air inside goes up to 70...I think I'm around 3400 with 115's.

If that is the rule then so be it. I will just have to put the .260 barrel back on. Hell, drop the speed down to 2600 for all I care and we can run .308's. It is all up to the match director -- as long as he makes the rules known ahead of time and does not make a change to it at the last minute.

I would like to see Rockcastle again.

I just can't help but wonder if Joe is doing a 2950 limit to make it more on the shooter and not let a wind cheater caliber come into play?

On another note. I guess its a good thing my 243 is a slow one. It does good to reach 2950 with a 107 on a good day...

Well, I can look at it this way, an excuse to get another rifle. Now what to get? .260 or 6.5X47 or something else?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If that is the rule then so be it. I will just have to put the .260 barrel back on. Hell, drop the speed down to 2600 for all I care and we can run .308's. It is all up to the match director -- as long as he makes the rules known ahead of time and does not make a change to it at the last minute.

I would like to see Rockcastle again.
</div></div>

I'm with you John. I wouldn't mind seeing Rockcastle again.

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott_P</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just can't help but wonder if Joe is doing a 2950 limit to make it more on the shooter and not let a wind cheater caliber come into play?

On another note. I guess its a good thing my 243 is a slow one. It does good to reach 2950 with a 107 on a good day...
</div></div>

You could just back off the load on that 7Wizzer!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott_P</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just can't help but wonder if Joe is doing a 2950 limit to make it more on the shooter and not let a wind cheater caliber come into play?

</div></div>

There are some smart people .........

If I had to guess the weight and speed limit is for the preservation of Joe's steel not to limit the "gaming". Some of the guys in our squad at Mammoth were shooting 220gr bullets at 3100 or 3200 fps and it was tearing up the steel pretty bad.

Glad I'm building a 284 Win, and retiring my 270WSM.... It never liked shooting under 2950fps....
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i hope hornady isnt on the prize table, they will be bummed to hear their 208 amax is out of luck!</div></div>

Not sure if serious?

Kentucky doesnt seem to far. If I can get off work, Ill try to get there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inalabama</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i hope hornady isnt on the prize table, they will be bummed to hear their 208 amax is out of luck! </div></div>

Cash payout match. Besides, you can still use their:
A-max
178gr....168gr....162gr.....140gr....123gr......105gr......etc.
Presses, dies, factory loaded ammo, scales, sonic cleaner, etc.......

Not sure if you're worried about Hornady or yourself......just sayin'

I have received emails regarding registration. The application will be posted on the website March 1st. We will take the first 80 shooters registration that I receive.

You do not have to be a member of the PRS to shoot this match. Registration is open for anyone who is interested in shooting the match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may have to jump in on this one. Hopefully we will have the new camper and there is plenty of stuff for the family to do in Mammoth while I shoot. </div></div>

Do it! Travis,Skinner, and I are game. Sure Doc and Tom would be as well.

Team Bushnell Tactical will be there. I will be shooting the same JP LRP 07 308 with M118 LR that I shot at the Mammoth Match this past match. I should be under 2950 with the 175's and that should make it more interesting for someone shooting a 308. I think its more about pulling the trigger than having the magic bullets going 2950.

Look forward to getting back to KY.

Clark K
TEAM BUSHNELL TACTICAL

We have made a change to the website. We have changed the FPS to 3000. This will be the last change to this rule. We have decided to go with 3000 fps with a max bullet weight of 190 across the board.

Some of you may disagree with the rule and I am sorry if you do not agree with it, but after a lot of consideration we are staying with 3000 fps.

thanks! I'm look forward to shooting this summer!

I have had some people show some concern about the registration since some will be heading out to the K&M match on the morning of March 1st. We will post the application on the website the night of the 29th around 11:00 p.m. EST. This way you can still get the app out before you leave.

I am going to do something here for the match. I am going to take stage desgins and implement them into the match.

If you would like to submit a stage design then email it to me at [email protected]

The stages will be looked at by me and a few others and then we will pick the ones we want to use in the match. A lot of you have been to Rockcastle.
We will be running 4 stages in Thunder Valley where we distances from very close out to 1000m.
We will also be using some other areas that will go from very close to 300m and some areas out 700m and 800m in other areas.

Submit your stage ideas and we will look them over. If your stage is picked then we will recognize you at the match and on the website as a stage designer. Also if we decide to use your stage at the match and you are entered as a competitor then we will buy one of your meals at the lodge during the match.

We will be shooting 8 stages total. Remember your stage may have to modified slightly to fit in the area we need to use it. Time limits on the stages need to be between 2 and 4 minutes.

So let's see some great stage designs.

Is that 2-4 minutes from take off to landing or actual shooting time?????

i'm seeing a space shuttle door gunner stage in our future

You guys in the East have all the cool matches, how's a PRS shooter out here in the SW supposed to get enough matches in?

laugh.gif

[/sarcasm]

What's the deal with signing up?

Can I overnight a check today?

One thing also guys. Do not send your registration that is going to require a signature. If you send it requiring a signature it may not get signed for until next week.

Mines is the mail as of lunch time.

mine will be there maybe today but definately by Saturday

Benjie

PM sent on the PRS match. Can't wait to get back out to KY for another great match.

See you all there,
Clark Kennedy
TEAM BUSHNELL TACTICAL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my confirmation email. </div></div>

+1 see you their John